36

Garroth looked at himself in the mirror. His blue eyes stared back at him, a glimmer in them still sparkling. He memorized where his freckles were and how his hair fell slightly over his left eye. He also noted that he was able to see all of that without glasses on. He took a deep breath and said; "Okay Ekon, I'm ready."

He closed his eyes and felt something change. His eyes slightly tingled and the left side of his face felt like it was getting covered by glue. It all surpassed, Ekon speaking out in his mind.

Okay kid...open your eyes.

Garroth did and immediately was greeted with a slight blur to his vision. One that he was familiar with. He gently took the glasses that were on the sink and placed them on. In the mirror now stood him still but the burn scar was back. It put a darker tint on his skin, starting with his left cheek down to his hand. He knew it went further down but, he wished not to see it at the moment. He took a deep breath, satisfied with the image in front of him. He heard the door to the bathroom open, soon feeling arms wrapped around his waist comfortingly. Blaze rested his chin on his shoulder, kissing the same cheek. "You look beautiful Gar..."

The blonde smiled, using one hand to rest it on his' and the other to play with his ruby-red hair that had fallen out of it's bun. He then kissed his cheek in return, saying; "I'm glad to you think so cause this is what you got."

"Eh, I don't mind. I'm excited to tell people that my boyfriend is a bad boy who isn't afraid of a little fire,", The taller man laughed, squeezing him slightly. "Now, are you ready to speak to Washer? She's waiting in her office."

The blonde nodded, leaving Blaze's grasp just to take his hand later. The two then left the room to go down to her office. They passed by small groups of training agents, them all nodding at them. It had been a few weeks since the attack and things were starting to go back to normal. Granted, Garroth hadn't seen normal but, Blaze assured him that this was how everything worked before he arrived. They got to the elevator, stepping in while Blaze pressed the second floor button. Once he stepped back, Garroth asked; "How's apartment hunting going?"

"I found a few that I like but, you should also look into them since you'll be living with me,", Blaze said, looking down at his phone to see that Laurance had texted him.

Remember to come by five! Aph is making dinner and doesn't want to wait to eat.

"We'll talk about it more later,", He said, putting his phone away. His full attention was now back to him, smiling down at him. "I'm just excited for the holidays. I need a break..."

"You all do,", Garroth agreed, as the doors to the elevator opened, thinking about his friends and all they had done for him the past month. Blaze frowned and kissed his hand saying; "You do too."

Garroth was still getting used to being the center of everyone's focus. That was one thing that Shadow was right about but, he didn't mind being Blaze's if he was being perfectly honest. "That's why we're taking Christmas and New Year's off, remember? We all get a break then."

Blaze's smile returned as they walked into Washer's office. She grinned at them as they walked in, her sleek platinum blonde hair was straightened and her all black outfit was definitely business casual. Let's just say, the stress had washed away from her. "I'm glad you two made it on time. I needed to discuss a few things with you."

The two nodded and took a seat in front of her desk while she dimmed the lights and displayed a slide show. "So, Mr. Ro'Meave. You know that we'll be continuing your education once you get back from your holiday, right?"

"Yes ma'am,", Garroth replied, to which Elizabeth answered; "Perfect. Lucinda will be the most involved with that, maybe Aphmau as well, depending on the subject. We'll also have Agent Zvhal train you, since your technique could still use some work. I would have Carpenter do it but, I'm afraid he won't be able to go rough on you, not giving you the full training experience."