2

The jet landed smoothly outside the S.T.F headquarters. Elizabeth Washer, the head of the agency, stood promptly by, waiting for the the two who were sent on the mission. Her pixie cut blonde hair blew slightly in the late afternoon breeze, her pale complexion adorned with icy grey eyes that could slice through anything it seemed. She kept herself dressed professionally but some can't ignore the tattoo above her eyebrow of the word "hope". Not to say that tattoos were a bad thing. It just intimidated people. Aphmau, second in command basically, was right by her side. She wasn't worried about the two's injuries since she knew they would be fine. She just needed to drag her husband's butt to the car to drive home to get ready for the fundraiser that evening.
The hatch opened and the two men came out, looking mildly distraught from what had happened an hour or so before. Laurance immediately went to Aphmau to embrace her. Blaze on the other hand handed Elizabeth the folder that he had found.

"There was nothing major resigning in the base ma'am. It was completely abandoned, recently. They forgot this though and I thought your investigation team would like it,", He reported to her. She took it and opened it to see just the front page. "I see,", She responded. "Thank you Agent Carpenter. I'm sure that this will be useful. But, I can tell you aren't telling me something. As well as you Zvhal."

Laurance looked at Blaze wearily. They both agreed to not speak of the voice but, if Washer knew, there was no getting around it. The red head sighed and said; "I'll tell you later. It's something that shouldn't be discussed here."

"Meet me in my office than in ten minutes. I want to address this before the event tonight,", She said sternly. With that she turned and went back inside. Blaze swore after ten years of working with her, she has never seen her smile.

"What is this all about?", Aphmau asked curiously, her face lighting up. She is always too afraid of going on missions herself but, she enjoys hearing about them from her husband and friend.

"Blaze heard a voice-", Laurance said before getting interrupted by Blaze saying; "It's probably nothing though."

"Really? Guys, after doing this for a decade, don't you think that everything is something at this point?"

"She does have a point bud,", Laurance breathed out to Blaze, still holding her hand. "You might want to take this more seriously."

"I am. Just not today,", Blaze assured him. "I need to focus the event later tonight."

"So you are going?", Laurance asked, shocked at Blaze's sudden change of mind.

"Wait, you weren't going to go?", Aphmau immediately asked after, shocked for a whole different reason. "Blaze, this is important! You can't just skip it!"

"You both know how I feel about Garroth's family. They look at me like I could've done better protecting their son...the worst part of it is that they are mostly upset with Protector." Blaze hated the fact that they couldn't tell the Ro'Meave family the truth. If anyone deserves to know, it's them.  "But, the reason I changed my mind is because you're right about it being a good cause. I'll just have to suck it up."

The other two looked at each other with smiles, knowing how ridiculous their friend was being, before Aphmau said; "All you have to do is say hello to them as usual. That's it, if it makes you feel better."

Laurance and Aphmau had a different perception of the Ro'Meaves. Sure, not a in depth and personal one but, they thought they had good intentions nonetheless. They could understand though why Blaze could be not at ease around them but, they knew if he didn't go, the press would be all over it.

"Remember to wear your mask,", Laurance reminded Blaze. "We don't need any thing dramatic happening to make the relationship between us the Ro'Meaves worse."