25

Blaze cleaned the dishes after breakfast, thinking about what happened. He felt bad that he didn't know what to do to help. He knew that he couldn't fix the problem. He knew deep down that Garroth wouldn't be able to see his family in a long time...maybe never. All he could do is be there and listen. It hurt. Part of him though didn't feel guilty. Garroth's parents hated the hero, and he didn't particularly like them either. He disliked that his parents put on this façade that they were the victims of their son's death. That they had to go through trials and tribulations. Blaze did not doubt that they did but, the way they presented themselves made him want to scream every time he sees them. But, his brothers were a different story. He remembered the conversation they had in the bathroom before Shadow attacked the event. They missed Garroth and now, seeing the blonde standing in his home, he only felt sorry for the two who had no idea.
Blaze looked up from the sink to see Garroth still sitting at the counter. He was staring out the windows, gazing at the city outside. He was sitting awkwardly, like if he was waiting for the teacher's dismissal. The redhead put the last dish in the dishwasher, turning to the blonde, smirking.

"You know you can walk around. You seem so nervous,", He chuckled.

"I-I know...I just...", Garroth was trying to the find the words. He didn't know why he was so anxious about being here with Blaze. There was a small feeling that he wasn't supposed to be there. That he should be back in that cell, looking at the blank walls around him. It wasn't Shadow whispering in his ear but, his own thoughts.

Blaze walked over and leaned on the counter, looking at him. He gave a comforting smile and said; "You're safe here. I promise. Today, is going to be the best day you've had in the past decade."

"Oh really? What's on the agenda?", The blonde asked, genuinely curious since they couldn't leave.

"Well, I have experience on spending weeks, months at a time indoors. Not by choice either. So, I have a few ideas."

Garroth had no idea what Blaze was talking about but, he was excited to find out what his plan was.

...

Baking, movies, coffee, games...Garroth found himself smiling the whole day. Blaze's plan was definitely working and he could tell. He was starting to see the Garroth he remembered. A beautiful smile, paired with a contagious laughter. Watching him slowly go back to how he was, was refreshing to the hero. It gave him hope that his partner would soon return.

"I'm so confused...do they realized that can just chop Thanos' arm off and they saved the world? The gauntlet is only made for one hand. Forget the head Thor! Aim for the arm!", Garroth explained while the two were watching Avengers. Blaze laughed, almost choking on the popcorn he was eating. As much as he usually hated nitpickers of film, he loved that Garroth was getting so into it. It was adorable to him.

"P, it's just a movie! Also, you know how easily you can overlook something in the heat of moment,", He said, still laughing.

Once the credits rolled, Blaze reached for the remote on the coffee table in front of them. While leaning forward, Garroth caught a glance of the sunset outside. The room was lit with different hues of orange, red, and yellows. He forgot how beautiful they were and the shadows they casted. Blaze noticed this and his heart skipped a beat. Seeing Garroth's deep blue eyes light up in wonder made everything worth it. The ten years he spent crying, shouting, searching, all made sense now. It was for this. To see him happy again.

"What's going on in that beautiful brain of yours?", Blaze asked, almost above a whisper.

Garroth looked at him and blushed slightly, sinking back into the couch. "Nothing...nothing at all."