17

When Blaze saw the couple walk out the cell, panic started to set in. He was really about to do it. He was really about to see Garroth. The last time he tried to talk to Garroth specifically, he was thrown down to the floor. It wasn't unreasonable to be nervous, to say it lightly. He dreamed of this moment for years...sure it wasn't set in a prison cell with Garroth having a demon possessing him but, at this point he wasn't picky. He just wanted to see him, talk to him, tell him everything that's he's been waiting to say. 
When Laurance and Aphmau came back in the room, they both had a bright expression on their face. Dante immediately asked; "How'd it go?" 

The couple looked at each other, holding each other's hands, with Laurance sighing; "Perfect." 

Blaze took a deep breath, pushing himself out of the chair that he had been sitting in for what seemed like hours for him. Everyone gave him encouraging looks as Aphmau handed him the tranquilizer. He didn't want to bring it but, he knew Elizabeth wouldn't let him leave it behind. Speaking of who, Elizabeth said to him; "Don't be scared. From what I'm seeing, you'll be fine. Again though, you have thirty minutes." She winked at him and it was sort've her way of saying that she could probably bend the rules a bit. The redhead appreciated it and noted to thank her later. 

"Good luck Blaze,", Laurance said, giving him a little bro hug. Aphmau rolled her eyes, at this point just wanting to push Blaze out. "Hurry up for Irene's sake! The love of your life is down there and you're over here paying more attention to your bromance! Go!", She screamed, causing everyone to jump a bit but, glad that she was the one to bring it up. 

Blaze blushed a bit but, walked out, afraid that if he stayed longer, Aphmau would pull his hair out. He had a attachment to his hair so, the idea of her even touching it causing him to become protective. He walked down the hallway and made his way to the entrance. He saw Lucinda standing there, her eyes bright; "You ready Carpenter?" 

"I-I think so,", Blaze stuttered. 

The young woman shook her head and tried to boost his confidence; "You know...I've only have had about three conversations with Garroth but, I know you have nothing to worry about." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

Lucinda sometimes couldn't stand Blaze's dimwitted sense of...well everything but, she had patience for it this time. "You two have a connection that even I can see. He seems to really still care about you. Even after all that's he's been through. I think the reason he only had that outbreak when he first saw you was because he's nervous too." 

Blaze combed his hair back and bit his lip. He never really thought of that. He just assumed that Garroth had that reaction at seeing him because he was upset to see him. That he was angry at him... 

"Do you have a hair tie that I could borrow?" 

The orange-hair girl smirked and reached into her pocket to pull out a single hair tie. "You can keep it." 

He thanked her and tied his hair back into a bun. He took a deep breath after and went up to the door, hesitating again. 

"Blaze...just go. You've been waiting so long at this point...and he's right there,", Amina pushed in his head. "I'll be right here if you need me...every step of the way as always." 

Blaze smiled to himself. "Thanks Amina." 

He then opened the door and there Garroth was. They made eye contact and as Blaze slowly made his way to his quarters, Garroth weakly push himself up , hearing Shadows quiet whispers. He ignored him though, using the tactics that Lucinda had told him. He wanted this to be right...he needed this to be perfect. He wanted to run to Blaze but, the shield was preventing him from doing so. Blaze finally made it up to the shield and before it went down, he was able to really see Garroth. His hair was styled the same, slightly going over his deep cerulean blue eyes, freckles decorating his face. Minus the burn scar, he almost the same. The same beautiful smile came to his lips and his eyes sparkled more, tears starting to fill them. Blaze at that exact moment just wanted to hold him close and tell him not to cry. To tell him that he was here to comfort him even though he felt like melting himself. 
The shield went down and the two still hadn't said anything. Blaze's whole body was shaking and water began to blur his vision. He was playing through all the things he wanted to say, trying to pick the perfect line. Then, it hit him.