11

Lucinda walked into the large white cell room, immediately seeing Garroth sitting in the cell in the middle. After a couple of tests, researchers were still struggling to find solutions on how to help so, a lot was riding on her. Yet, Lucinda was calm. She has always been able to keep her composure. It was something so many people couldn't comprehend. She was elegant and graceful, even in the most stressful situations. But, people who knew her understood her through and through. Well, that is, if she trusts you. Lucinda was practically raised in training facilities. She learned the ways of meditation and the human mind. This had many advantages. She not only could benefit herself but, she knew how to dig deep into someone's mind just by examining their expressions or speech. Add some hand-to-hand combat training and Elizabeth had no hesitation on letting her assist in recurring agents.

The cell opened and she stepped in, smiling. She wanted Garroth, or whatever was left of him, to feel comfortable. She had a pen and notepad in her hand, ready to execute her method.

"Hello. I'm Lucinda Jewels,", She formally introduced herself like she would with other patients. "How are you?"

Garroth just blankly stared at her. She sighed, already knowing it was going to be difficult. She sat across from him, letting the cell close again. The blonde didn't even move a hair.

"From what people are telling me, you act out based on emotion. So, I'm going to make this super easy for you,", Lucinda explained, doodling on her notepad. "Drawing or writing your feelings might be a easy way to express yourself. So, I want you to give it a try while I ask you some questions."

She place the notepad on the ground, showing a basic human outline, and handed out the pen. "Now, just some tips, if you feel yourself becoming too emotional, just breath or focus on your body."

Lucinda felt a tingle of relief when Garroth gently took the pen from her. She asked; "Can you show me where Shadow is?"

It took a while and Lucinda heard him breath out before Garroth colored a circle in the head of the man. His hand was a bit shaky but, Lucinda felt comfortable asking the next question. "Does he speak to you in there? You can write an answer or just nod."

Garroth just nodded his head. Lucinda was amazed on how much progress she was making already. She asked a bit of a bold question so, she began it with; "Let me know if this is too much. You don't have to answer. Does it bother you anywhere? Are you hurting?"

It took longer and a few more breaths but, Garroth pointed to the chest and the head. Lucinda, wanted a bit more explanation, flipped it to the next page and asked; "Can you write down some words to me? Like, what he tells you or how you feel?"

Garroth nodded and took his time writing out the words. It was a long time before, he held it up for her. His handwriting was a bit jagged and sloppy but, Lucinda could make it out. Five words and one phrase were on the page.

Scared

Dark

Empty

Forced

Trapped

The phrase written out was; "We're stuck together."

Lucinda kindly thanked Garroth and had him set it down. She noted to share that with the others. The words sent shivers up her spine her, Garroth seemed unbothered.

"Again, the next one is going to be hard so, please don't let yourself get to deep and just not answer if it's too hard,", Lucinda warned. "Do you remember anything that happened to you?"

Garroth only nodded.

"Any details you care to give me?"

Garroth sat still.