Doll

Since Nezu appeared to be adamant on his offer, (Y/N) thought it best to reason with him with all the facts she could spare so the tale began: "well, do you know why I was called Doll?"

"Because you look like one."

(Y/N) squealed and placed her hands on her reddened, marshmallow cheeks as she shifted with glee on the spot, "oh, Nezu-san! You embarrass me!"

The principal's smile remained undisturbed at her reaction when he explained, "that wasn't an intentional compliment."

Even though, she knows it was a fact, reacting that way whenever someone mentioned it was something (Y/N) could call a narcissistic habit. Something she'd never tire of. However, that wasn't entirely true. While she did resemble a porcelain doll with shiny waves of (H/C) hair falling down her small, feminine frame and eyes sparkling like gems with a youth glowing skin, her insides were quite the opposite. In her case, appearances were indeed very misleading.

"Sadly, that's not the reason," (Y/N) revealed for the first time and just when Nezu thought he could have a serious conversation with this woman, she ventures to disappoint. "I was a depressed kid back in high school. Overgrown hair, long skirt, oversized tops and almost always alone. In fact, I was voted as most likely to become the school's vengeful spirit, haha. Then, a senior picked me up as her pet to which I was like 'no' but then she offered to give me cheese every day and I was like 'I'm all yours'," the exaggerated tale was concluded with that line and a giggle at the memory.

"We certainly have a lot in common," Nezu remarked, once again humouring her or so he believed. At this point, he had given up on having a conversation with the feared, stern and very strict teacher that was the talk of the juvenile detention center. The students, on the other hand, now they are more than privileged to meet that wonderful character which all that matters to the principal of UA at this point.

Once again, (Y/N) had a hand over her blushed cheek and the other hand waving the principal dismissively, "oh, you! How can you say that I'm as intelligent as you are?!"

"Hahaha, no you were just a pet," Nezu retorted bursting her bubble.

"Oh..." (Y/N) cleared her throat in preparation to proceed with the story, completely not offended. "Anyways, uh... she affiliated my quirk with something dark she once read about. It was a legend of sort. Something about porcelain dolls sucking the life out of the owners into their empty bodies, so she was persistent in calling me Doll. I just went along with it back then, but... boy, does that legend and the name fit so well."

Nezu nodded and went on with predicting the direction of the story: "I should assume then you've become physically incapable of upholding the full potential of the quirk?"

"Precisely. I never thought someday I might come to this. For years, I thought my quirk didn't have any weaknesses..." (Y/N)'s hand caressed the black choker on her neck as she explained, "but, only recently did I discover that no quirk like that could ever exist. Years of using this ability have only now started taking its toll on me. I can't seem to heal at a normal rate anymore, so getting injured in any way is... a bit problematic."

The principal placed a paw on his chin, "it's only normal this happens. After all, you were disturbing the natural course of the world by taking more energy than you ought to or could handle."

"Still, that didn't make me want to quit. If it weren't for that senior's interference..."

While looking down at your CV thoughtfully, Nezu nodded in understanding, "that senior... is it PINK?"

The doll sighed, dismissing his assumption, "I know you want me to be a U.A. teacher and had you proposed earlier, I might've immediately agreed. It's actually the perfect job with the perfect pay for me at the moment, but I do have the responsibility of staying alive and well for a child."

"Her child?"

"Yes..." (Y/N) mumbled recalling the events that led to her becoming a single mother.

PINK was an inspiration to many and most definitely an inspiration to (Y/N) ever since high school, but her downfall had everyone shaken. Just like how the famous Pro Hero had ended up in a cold hospital bed, lost in a deep sleep, so did (Y/N)'s ambitions. However, they were forced awake with the helpless call of her 3-year-old child.

While it's true PINK didn't make a human all by herself, it's just that she, (Y/N) and even her husband were well aware that he was not qualified to be a single father. Nothing wrong with him, he's just almost never in Tokyo, at home or available, even though he tried to be.

PINK just had to marry the most wanted hero of the entire nation.

Regardless, (Y/N) took it upon herself to steer away from trouble for the sake of the innocent, tiny soul.

Nezu sighed and suggested, "alright, you can teach science. Nothing related to using your ability."

"Science," (Y/N) repeated as if she was saying the word 'barf'. "I mean, yeah I'm definitely good at science... Now."

"Great. You'll be teaching that among other things to make up for the lack of your services," Nezu commanded merrily.

"... but, why are you willing to go that far for me?" (Y/N) questioned with a frown. "There are a lot of heroes lining up for this position. Could it be-"

"Before you think about making a conceited guess," Nezu interrupted. "It's your abilities I have deemed perfect for our students."

"My... abilities?"

"Yes. You've turned criminals into responsible citizens and heroes worthy of their positions in society and that, Miss (L/N) (Y/N), is the kind of standard U.A. has and needs."