A Morning with Tsubaki

(I dunno if this character is actually a kid or where it's from but she looks like one lmaooohohoho)

The alarm clock rang snapping (Y/N) out of falling back to sleep, again.

Hair spread messily on the pillow, arms laid lifelessly above her head and a leg out of the untidy covers. That's how (Y/N) appeared to be every morning with, of course, the head of a 3-year-old child poking her waist. 

Similar to her unbecoming appearance, Tsubaki completely abandoned the covers and chose to take the largest portion of the bed by sleeping horizontally.

(Y/N) sighed, rubbing her eyes and finally decided to start the usual set of daily activities, among which was handling a child.

How to wake a child (L/N) (Y/N) edition:

- Carry sleeping child to the bathroom.

- Place child on the toilet.

- Wait for sleeping child to pee.

Yes, that's precisely how (Y/N) wakes Tsubaki which is a method approved and tested by... child doctors.

Today, however, (Y/N) was sat next to her on the edge of the bathtub while constantly falling in and out of sleep until she eventually got a hold of herself. She can't afford to show up to her first day of work late, not on day one at least, so she ordered the child to make haste of the process: "Tsu, pee."

Just like that, Tsubaki'd magically heed to those words and empty her bladder.

After brushing her milk teeth, Tsubaki would become the definition of hyperactive while the grown adult needed more time to blink normally, let alone adjusting to the sunny, bustling world.

Then came the most important meal of the deal: breakfast.

"Tsu, eat so we can go to school," (Y/N)'d bribe the social child.

Tsubaki snapped towards her guardian at the mention of kindergarten to voice her excitement, "yes! Schoo! We go friend?"

"Yes," (Y/N) answered using the same simple language to communicate with her. Timing the perfect moment, she inserted a spoonful of oatmeal into her mouth when the child cheered, "ya-!"

Once the child's belly is filled, everything else came along smoothly since (Y/N) had the kindergartener's usual blue uniform and lunch prepared last night.

"Alright, wait here. I'll get dressed and then we'll leave," the frantic woman instructed while seating Tsubaki on the sofa to watch the morning news because she couldn't bother changing the channel and it actually comes in handy later on.

(๑°ㅁ°๑) Commercial break brought to you by: today's best deals on nappies (๑°ㅁ°๑)

"(N/N), get up! We go bye!" Tsubaki whined while the woman was seated before the apartment door slipping in her shoes.

"Alright, alright!"

As soon as the two hit the pavement, (Y/N) initiated her ultimate plan by asking, "so what was on the news?"

"Monster! Scary monster hurt girl," the toddler replied with drama in her movements and voice.

Like so, the Doll can busy Tsubaki from animals or running off on her own while at the same time getting a full report on what goes on in the real world. It can't be an accurate one, but (Y/N) figured it's the best way to broaden the child's vocabulary and bond with her.

(Y/N) gasped, "how scary! And then? Did the hero come?"

And that's how their walk would go on until they reach their destination. (Y/N) would depart the child with a wave and a quick check on her appearance. Smoothing down her pink locks and placing the yellow hat on her head, (Y/N)'s hand would then slide to the child's cheeks with a smile. The fact that a mini version of her hero stood before her gave the Doll more than enough energy to make ends meet.

As an expression of gratitude for the motivation, (Y/N) kissed the smiling child before waving at her running form.

-------

A lil sidetracked but there's a reason behind this innocent chapter huehue