The Stench of a Villain

Before the shadow of the creature's large hand could cover the entirety of (Y/N)'s alarmed features, she swiftly moved her head and touched his arm, absorbing its energy

The energy flowed through her touch like the slow descent of a murky swamp's water. It was impossible to ignore its scent or menacing feeling, making the doll double over with a hand over her mouth from nausea.

Nomu took advantage of the opening and aimed to swing (Y/N)'s head right off her shoulders, but with the energy flowing through her being, only managed to tilt her head.

The doll gulped thickly and raised a trembling hand to the monster's arm, squeezing it and slowly pulled as the sound of snapped bones, ripping skin and muscle sent shivers down the spectator's spines.

A chorus of gasps released around (Y/N) as she tossed the amputated arm away and charged in on the creature with attacks of all kind at incredible speed.

While the doll was grateful for the enormous amounts of energy she received, the sickening feeling egged her to spend it all in an instant. This would likely result in her limbs becoming severely ached by the time Nomu's energy runs out, but she was desperate.

It was either aching for weeks or risking her life, Aizawa's and the students' by tossing them into the fate of a gruesome death through hordes of villains and their mindless monstrosity.

The doll's anxiety was getting the better of her when the attacks seemed to weaken while Nomu's condition didn't falter one bit, so she extracted more energy from the creature every time she reached the limit.

(Y/N) figured if the monster were to regenerate, she had no other option beside draining it dry until it was nothing but skin and bones. For that to happen, she had to take specific amounts and drain them off her body. However, every time she did so Nomu's movement and speed remained unchanged.

As if it was taking back everything she took. Had this been a proven fact, her fight with the monster will be an endless nightmare and a small part of her believed in that despair.

Eventually, when brute force was a fruitless approach, (Y/N) started devising an escape plan. If only she knew where the rest of the students and Thirteen were, she could take as much energy from Nomu as possible, snatch Aizawa and the teens for a swift getaway.

While her plan seemed great in theory, it was quite difficult in practice now due to the doll's distraction.

Nomu got a hold of her arm, twisting and flinging her entire being to the side. (Y/N) groaned as she tried to get back up and face the approaching steps of her enemy.

The doll was about to force herself into fighting, but that wasn't needed when a huge disturbance was made at the entrance of the USJ attracting the attention of everyone present as the real hero came to save the day.

Within the blink of an eye, a huge figure stood tall and firm before (Y/N), sending a wave of warmth and security to every inch of her frozen body.

"Are you okay, (L/N)-san?" Yagi asked, his wide back still facing the female.

"... Yes!" (Y/N)'s reply came after some delay but it was voiced out clearly as she willed herself to stand. "I'll leave them in your care, then," she stated, running to Aizawa's body.

"Yes, ma'am★" All Might saluted and engaged with the enemy.

(Y/N) reached for the unconscious hero hesitantly and then retracted her hand, afraid she would make his condition worse by touching him in a wrong way. Then her eyes locked with the students who called out to her and ran to her side, "it's okay, I'll take care of him. Do you know where are the others?"

"No, but our best guess is they're scattered all over the place," Midoriya Izuku informed as his company nodded, still either teary or frightened from the previous encounter.

"Everyone seems safe in the entrance, though," Asui Tsuyu stated with a finger on her chin and a hand on Mineta Minoru's head, pushing him away from her.

"Right, then how did Eraser get injured?" (Y/N) questioned fanatically, urging a quick response from the students who were all engaged, except for Midoriya's distracted eyes on All Might.

After Asui relayed all of her homeroom teacher's injuries, (Y/N) carried him on her back and ushered the students to move along with her.

Once they reached safety away from any recovering villains, (Y/N) place the teacher gently on the ground with the help of some students before instantly standing up and inquiring about their condition.

"Sensei! Where are you going?" Uraraka Ochako exclaimed once the doll turned back to the humongous stairs. "Iida should be back now with the other Pro Heroes!"

"Keep an eye on one another," was all (Y/N) said before she ran back into the mayhem to retrieve all the other students.

(-‸ლ) Commercial break brought to you by: how not to suck at writing action scenes for dummies (-‸ლ)

By the time the Pro Heroes made an appearance and the students were safe, (Y/N) had exhausted her limit and swayed with the sickening feeling.

The doll stumbled into a nearby bush and and released everything urging to come out of her stomach.

"Sorry plants," (Y/N) apologised and waddled back to her duties of rescuing the remaining students, but the sound of gunshot startled her and had her slip on her feet to the ground.

The woman made herself comfortable, falling into a state of surrender.

Screw the villains and their bird-brained mutant.

This human is going to sleep.

Submitting to the aching feeling palpating throughout her body, (Y/N) slowly blinked at the dissipating, darkening clouds.