Sending Lovies

"(N/N), look! Mummy!"

(Y/N) hummed to the child's words, eyes glued to the phone's screen as she waited for a reply.

It was the long awaited Sports Festival and this particularly exhausted ex-hero couldn't be any happier to take a seat, don a pair of sunglasses and pretend to be engaged while her eyes took a moment of reprieve.

However.

A child is involved in this and an offer from a babysitter right now would set her mind at ease. Even if she decided to spend this wonderful occasion on auto-pilot mode, she might still be called to action by that embodiment of sadism, Nezu.

"Hi, Mummy!" Tsubaki beamed, finally getting the attention of her guardian.

(Y/N) frowned at the waving child, thinking for a split moment the little rascal was calling her mummy. But, after a long moment of confusion, the doll looked up at the actual mummy.

Aizawa Shouta.

He stood before the two of them, his bandaged arm waving left and right to the excited, giggling child.

"Oh... oh!" (Y/N) released a light-hearted giggle of her own as everything dawned on her. "Tsu, that's not a mummy! He got hurt protecting people."

Tsubaki's big eyes shifted from the hero to the ex-hero, the latter giving her an encouraging nod. Heeding to the practiced response, the pink-haired mini-human turned to Eraser and bowed, "fank you!"

Aizawa received the gratitude of the child with a start before slightly bowing to her. His eyes languidly turned to the doll, "can't be a missing child?"

"No, not missing." Then (Y/N) saw the need to add with a cheeky smile, "not kidnapped either."

After a long silence and shifting analysing glances, the bandaged man guessed, "... yours?"

"N-" The doll started with a shake of her head but Tsubaki's tightened squeeze on her leg obliterated the denial before it was properly delivered. (Y/N) smiled apologetically to the tiny thing before she reiterated, "yes... yes, she's with me."

Having Tsubaki for company as of late repelled many troublesome, flirtatious advances. As of this very moment, however, (Y/N) didn't want any flirtatious advances to be repelled.

Not from this man.

Yet, life had funny timings.

It was either explaining her complex situation, thus exposing Pink's state, or let the only man who could make her feel anything slip away.

It seems friendship prevails over romance.

"Tsubaki, say: hi, Aizawa-sensei!"

"Hi, Aizawa-sensei~!"

Aizawa only nodded to the child before turning to her care-takers's words: "I thought you'd be snuggled in your sleeping bag by now."

"I'll be joining Mic," was Aizawa's curt reply as he walked with her through the increasing crowd.