Children's Energy is Coffee

Consciousness slowly dawned on the sleeping beauty as her heavy set of eyes took in the surrendering environment

Consciousness slowly dawned on the sleeping beauty as her heavy set of eyes took in the surrendering environment. Everything was in a disturbing bright white, making (Y/N) squint away, adopting a vampiric sense.

The doll groaned as her arm languidly lifted to cover the dazzling world, briefly catching the needle in her hand through narrowed eyes. She raised her hand above her eyes to verify what she saw and indeed there was a intravenous line extending from her hand to a banana bag hanging above her head.

Summoning all the energy she could muster from her disengaged body, (Y/N) sat up on the hospital bed, rubbing the remains of sleep off her eyes for a clear vision.

Tsubaki was the first thing to to cross the doll's mind after what seemed like centuries of slumber, she frantically looked around for something or someone to confide in for details and that's when she spotted her cellphone beside the hospital bed.

The first thing to grab her attention was the day's date.

Two days of absence from the world and its responsibilities have passed since the USJ incident.

Then the notification from an unknown number stating their identity and claiming they had Tsubaki in their care.

Instantly, the doll dialed the number while anxiety munched on her patience.

"Hello, (L/N)-san!" a feminine voice sounded from the other line.

"Hi—" (Y/N) cleared the sleep from her throat before going off the grid with worry, "you're Tsubaki's teacher, right?"

"Yes, don't worry. She's been doing well the past two— Oh, here comes the little princess~! Come say hi to mama!"

(Y/N)'s hand fumbled with the covers as she waited for the sound of her Tsubaki.

"HI (N/N)~! YOU MISS ME!" the innocent voice of the clueless child sounded, making the doll heave a sigh of relief and giggle at her wording. The voice of her teacher correcting her was faint on the other line and soon after, Tsubaki rephrased, "I MISS YOU!"

It didn't matter since Tsubaki was right the first time around.

"Me too~!" (Y/N) replied with all the enthusiasm she can rally. Her shoulders relaxed into the headboard as she started an hour long session catching up with Tsubaki's wellbeing during the past two days.

♡ඩ⌔ඩ♡ Commercial break brought to you by: The Babysitter trailer ♡ඩ⌔ඩ♡

The toddler's teacher had informed (Y/N) of Nezu's heroic intervention when he made the personal request of caring for Tsubaki and didn't hesitate to pay for it. The teacher awed and squealed at the chivalry and the doll followed her example in a disheartened manner.

She knew the creature had not an ounce of chivalry in him and only did what he did so (Y/N) wouldn't find an excuse to quit the job or worse: complain.