Chapter six

"L/n?" you hear a voice. You can't quite understand who it is. You look up with blurry (e/c) eyes. You see a figure coming towards you. "Awe did you get stood up?" the voice teases. Now you understand who it was. But at the moment you didn't care.

You began to sob. That just made everything so much more real. "Oh..." he mumbles. Tendō walks over to you and crouches in front of you. "I was just joking... Did he actually..." he trails off. You cover your face in an attempt to hide it. "Why do you care?!" you snap. "You wanna make fun of me!?" you shout at him as more tears stream down your face. Your bottom lip starts to quiver and you break again. "Do it! Just... Do it." you say, getting quieter with each word.

"L/n..." he whispers. You look at him and see his worried face. You were a bit taken back. "How long have you been out here?" he asks. You sniff and let out a sad chuckle. "Since 5:45 pm. Pretty sad isn't it?" he gives you a sympathetic look. "But it started raining two hours ago." you snap your eyes towards your phone. "9:24 pm."

"Fuckkk." you groan out. "That's pathetic." you say. "When was your date supposed to start?" he asks. "6 pm." you state, dazed at the current situation. "You waited out here for over three hours for this boy who didn't even show up?" he asks confused.

You nod your head and close your eyes. You put your head up towards the rain. You knew your makeup was completely ruined and you didn't even have a hood on your jacket. You were absolutely soaked.

"Why?" Tendō finally asks. You look back at him and bite your bottom lip. "Why do you want to know?" you ask a bit rudely. He puts his hands up in a defensive way. "Hey, I'm just tryna get the whole picture." you roll your eyes.

You felt something deep inside your heart that just made you want to tell him. Maybe it was because you were vulnerable and wanted to rant to someone or maybe you were just out of your mind. But either way you wanted to talk to someone, and since he was there... Why not?

"Ok..." you mutter. Tendō stands and takes a seat next to you on the bench. He takes his rain coat off and throws it at your head. "Put it on, you're soaked." he mentions. You decide not to argue since it is cold. "Now, tell tendō what happened." he says with a small smile.

You look up at him as more tears threatened to spill, but with the rain it's not like he could tell. "W-well... The one guy I liked rejected me. The thing is, I didn't even get to confess." you start. "Someone asked why we don't just go on a date and he said we were just really good friends. Of course that hurt, I've liked him for like a year! So when Atsumu asked me out right after that happened, I said sure. I just wanted a distraction, but this... This wasn't the distraction I wanted. I got dressed up all pretty and got my make-up done... And for what? Just for it to be ruined and be stood up? Not only that... But he blocked me as well." you explain, at first you were mad and complaining. But the more you went on, the more depressed it made you feel.

"I coulda just told ya he's a player." tendō mentioned, quiet enough that you couldn't hear. "Is there something wrong with me tendō?" you ask, feeling insanely insecure. "What?" he asks, genuinely confused. "I mean to be rejected by two boys in about a week... There has to be something wrong with me." you say.

"Am I not pretty enough? Is my personality too boring? Am too(fat/skinny)? Am I-" tears run down your cheeks and you began to sob into your words once more. Tendō cuts you off before you can say anything else that's negative. "Shut it. Nah! Be quiet." he states and hold his hand up. "You can't just let some stupid boys make you question your self worth." he says seriously. He understood what it feels like to be so insecure and question ones self worth more than anyone. You didn't know that of course. And he didn't want anyone to feel the way he used to feel. He, himself finally got into a better mental state.

"Stay right there." he says before rushing off. You watch as he runs across the street. You break down and curl into a ball on the bench. You knew he was right, but it hurt. It hurt a lot.

A few moments later you heard footsteps running towards you. You sat back up and saw tendō trying to protect two ice creams from the rain. Which he was failing miserably. "L/n! Come over here!" he shouts. You question him but get up carefully and make way towards him. He hands you an ice cream cone and then takes his free hand and grabs your wrist gently. He pulls you towards the playground equipment and into a plastic tunnel.

"What the-" you sit down and stare at the male as he is already munching down on chocolate ice cream. "What?" he asks. You shake your head with a small giggle. "Hey! You laughed!" he said happily. You make your mouth into a straight line. "Eat your ice cream before it melts." he says and points towards the cone.

"I didn't know what you liked so I just got chocolate since it makes everything better!" you eye the cone before licking it. "Not bad." you mumble. When you got half way done with yours, tendō had finished his already. "Damn boy!" you say surprised. "I like chocolate." he states embarrassed. "You want mine? I'm full." you push the cone to him and he eyes you before taking it and finishing it within seconds.

"You are a monster aren't ya." you say jokingly. You could feel the atmosphere change around you both. You shouldn't have said that. "Oh..." is all you manage to spit out. "I'm sorry." you say to him. "Nah don't be, I'm used to it, you were just joking around." he says and you could tell that it really does affect him. "No, it wasn't acceptable. I should have known better." you look into his eyes and for the first time you saw a different side of tendō. He was being vulnerable.

"Jokes shouldn't hurt people." you whisper. "I really am sorry." you state. "It ok... Hey, let's stop talking about this and do something!" he changes the subject immediately. You decide not to push it. "Ok..." you mutter. "But it's pouring." you state. "Yeah..." he mumbles. He crawls out of the tunnel and stand under a tree.

He looks at you in confusion. "I don't want to get my white shoes dirty." you say as you look at the now muddy ground. He makes his way back over to you and scoops you over his shoulder. "Ah! Tendō put me down!" you complain. "But I thought you didn't want your shoes to get dirty~" he teases. You hit his back with your fists softly. "Come on!" you say sternly. You pout and he places you on a platform.

"That was rude." you state. "I think you should head home." he says. You nod your head as a yawn escapes. "Yeah, me too." he scoops you, bridal style this time. "Just until we get to the entrance. Don't want those shoes dirty." he says with a wink. You sigh. "Ya ya."

He puts you down and stares at you. "See ya at school." he says and turns around. "Yep." you state and turn back to your house. It was a Saturday so you texted semi, shirabu, and Akari to come over. Even if it was almost 11 pm by the time you made it home. They still came to comfort you. You told them about being stood up, about tendō coming and talking to you. But that's it, you didn't tell them about him comforting you or carrying you or anything. Just that he came and chatted for a bit since it was raining.

"Yeah, guess he isn't such an ass." you say to them. "Does that mean the fued is over?" Semi asks. "Hmm... No." you state with a smile. "But you're captain of the team and he's not, isn't that the best accomplishment?" Shirabu asks. "Well no..." you mumble. "I done want to talk about him anymore. Let's go to bed." they all agree and everyone slips into their make shift bed as you crawl into your actual bed.