Chapter twelve

"Ok, how do I look?" you ask Akari. You were currently getting ready for your date with Yukio. "You look so good!" she says and claps her hands. "Ok ok." you take a few breaths.

You had on a simple outfit. A pair of black ripped skinny jeans with fishnets under them. Along with a pastel green long sleeved crop top that said "Sendai Frogs" on the front with a number 17 on the back. Paired with black shoes, similar to the white ones you wore last time.

Akari hands you a simple necklace and a pair of matching earrings. You do matching basic makeup and grab a mini backpack. "Alright, let's get you to that date!" she shouts. You giggle and allow her to push you out the door.

She walks you to the meeting spot before bidding goodbye. Thankfully it wasn't a park, that would have brought back some bad memories. He asked to meet up in front of the school.

You felt relief when you saw him walk around the corner. He was wearing a plain button up shirt and nice jeans. You suddenly felt that your clothing choice was maybe too out there.

"Yukio!" you wave at him and he walks up to you. He smiles awkwardly. "Is something wrong?" you ask. "It's nothing, I'm just not used to seeing you outside of school is all." he states, motioning towards your outfit.

"Is it too much?" you ask, feeling embarrassed. A deep red covers your face. "No not all!" he says, waving his hands in front of his face. "I just assumed you were more reserved you know?" you furrow your brows. "It's not a bad thing trust me!" you put a hand up. "It's fine, don't worry. I see your point." you chuckle at it even though it did kinda hurt your feelings a bit

"Where are we going?" you ask. "I hope you like it, I was planning it all night." you feel your heart beat a bit. "I have a question." you decide to ask something that has been on your mind. "You said we were just really good friends... Why?" his face goes pink.

"I hadn't quite realized my feelings yet then. But after that day, I kept questioning myself and decided that I did like you." he explains briefly. "Oh." is all you manage out.

"Let's get going shall we?" he asks, changing the subject. You nod your head and walk side to side. You make small talk until he says you've reached the destination.

You look at the building and internally cry. It's a damn library. Not complaining! You love to read manga, but you've read all the ones here. No other books seem to interest you, no matter how hard you and the librarian try. Yes, you're acquainted with the librarian.

You walk in and immediately get recognized. "Oh l/n, hello there." she greets with a soft smile. "Hello Mrs. Min." you wave to her. She gets back to work as Yukio leads you to a table.

"I thought we could have a nice study date." he says with a smile. It's only now that you realized he had a backpack with him. "Aren't you supposed to tell the date its a study date so they know to bring their homework?" you ask yourself.

"Ah oki." you say and walk off behind one of the shelves far away, using the excuse of "needing to find a certain book." Once you're far away enough you groan quietly and tug at your hair slightly.

You thought Yukio was so much more fun and creative. This date is not at all like you hoped. He's mentioned about him skating as a hobby so you thought he'd take you there. Or literally anything else besides a damn study date. He's usually more creative with these things based off the information you've heard from others that he's dated.

One girl he took out, she got a candle light dinner on a rooftop. You overheard from a boy he dated that he took him to an arcade first before they went to karaoke and literally, not Joking when you say this, danced in the damn rain! Like wtf?? There's a couple more exciting dates but thinking about them makes you feel like you're missing out.

You questioned if he even liked you the same. You didn't want him to worry so you grabbed a random book and walked back over to the table. "Hey, you were gone for a while I was starting to get worried." he said as you sat down in front of him.

You nervously laugh and rub your hands together. "I couldn't find my book." you lie. "Oh ok." he says and looks to see which one you chose. "Rice Farming?" he questions. "U-uh yeah! I'm curious about it." you lie again. "Hm, didn't think you were the farming type." he says and shrugs his shoulders.

"That's cause I'm not." you think to yourself. "Why couldn't I have grabbed sum about baking?" you question. At least then you could look at food.

After about two hours passed you were awoken by Yukio lightly shaking your arm. "Hey, you ready to go?" he asks with a small chuckle. You nod your head and stand up, stretching. As you grab the book Mrs. Min says she'll put it up for you. You thank her before exiting with the white haired male.

"Was that boring?" he asked. You shook your head no. "Nahh I just get tired when I read." you lie, not wanting to hurt his feelings. "Ok good." he states. "Now, let's get on to the fun stuff!" he says happily. You finally let out a real smile.
---
This definitely was not what you had in mind. You stared at the snow cone shack. "Where did I go wrong?" you complain to yourself. "Which flavor?" Yukio asks. You boredly say "(f/f)." he pays for the treats and you both walk along a park. Sadly.

At least it's not the same one Atsumu stood you up at. "When did cold treats and parks suddenly become fun and exciting?" you ask yourself.

You tried to enjoy the small talk and moments with the boy. But it was so hard since nothing was really even happening. "I guess just being around him isn't enough to satisfy me." you think to yourself while listening to him talk about some video game.

Your phone beeps and Yukio stops talking. You furrow your brows and read the message. "Shit, I've got to go!" you say standing immediately. "Is everything ok?" he asks. "Uh maybe! Sorry it's a family emergency. I hav-" he cuts you off and pats your shoulder. "It's alright, go." he says with a reassuring look.

You run a couple blocks before turning behind a random building and stopping. You let out a sigh. "Thank god." you whisper. You call Akari.

"Hey girl, did it work?" she asks. "Thankfully. No but like, I seriously owe you one. That date was so boring. I was about to shoot myself." you state and groan. "Damn was it really that bad? I expected more based on his past dates." she asks surprised. "You have no idea. I was looking forward to this but oh my Lord, it was soooo boring. I fell asleep." you say with a small laugh in disbelief.

"No way!" she shouts and laughs. "Yes way!" you exclaim back. "He took me to a library an-" you get cut off as you accidentally bump into someone's back. "Ow shit." you grumble. You look at your phone and put it back to your ear. "L/n?" you look up and groan.

"Akari, let me call you back." you say and end the call. "Were you running from a date?" he asks amused. "How the fu-" you start. "I heard the last bit of the conversation." you sigh and slap your forehead. "You're curious aren't you?" you ask, placing a hand on your hip.

He nods his head eagerly. "Fine, only cause I need someone to complain to." you say and roll your eyes.
---
"Wait- he took you where??" tendō breaks out in laughter, holding his stomach in the process. "Ya ya go on and laugh." he wipes a tear away from his eye as he calms down.

"Seriously?" he asks. You nod your head. "God that's so boring! Who even was it?" he asks. "My crush." you state sadly. "The one who sorta rejected you?" he asks. "Yep. That's the one." you sigh. "What if he asks you for another date?" tendō says with a scared look. You return the look and you both break into laughter.

"God tendō, I'd probably have to make an excuse." you say in between laughs. "Just make me your excuse." he states simply. "Huh?" you question. "Nothing I was joking." he says and you hum.

"Hey? Wanna do something fun?" he asks. You nod your head happily but stop. "Aren't we enemies?" you ask raising a brow. "So? That doesn't mean we can't have fun." he states and stands up. "True." you say and start getting up as well. "Did you just agree with me?" he asks surprised. He holds a hand against his chest for dramatic effect.

"You don't have proof." you argue. "I have the memories." he says in return. "I'm afraid that's not enough to win this case." you reply with a smirk. "Wanna do something fun or not?" he asks, teasing your bored mind. You stare at him blankly. "Thought so." he says and smirks.

"Let's go."