Chapter ten

"L/n!" Yukio comes walking towards you. "How was the practice match?" he asks. Yesterday he wasn't able to go with you girls during the match due to a family matter. "Good. We won actually." you say with a proud smile. "Wait till tendō hears ha!" you say, thinking of your victory.

"Yeah..." Yukio mumbles. "Well I bet you girls did your best!" he says cheerfully. "For sure." you say with a sigh of content. "I also have a question." you furrow your brows. "What is it?" you ask. He hesitates for a moment before speaking. "D-do you... Uh do you know what we did in class yesterday?" he asks quickly.

You scold yourself for thinking he'd actually ask you something else... "Oh... Yeah, I actually have the assignment in my bag for you. The teacher asked me to hand it to you." you say, taking your bag from your shoulder and un zipping it. You hand the paper to him and he says "thank you."

"Is that all?" you ask, hoping for something more. "Uhm yep!" he says before walking off. "Wow that was pathetic." you slap your face. "Not now tendō." you speak with a bit of agitation. "Whaaat~?" he teases. "He clearly likes you." he states, as if it's obvious. "No he doesn't. Do not play with my heart strings." you threaten.

"Do I look like the type?" you eye him up and down. "Do you really want me to answer that?" you raise a brow. "L/n." he states seriously. You roll your eyes. "Sure I tease a lot, but I'd never play a girl. That's utterly rude." he says, getting a fancy accent at the end.

"Fine whatever." you say with a small sigh. "Now, did you lose?" he asks. A smirk grows on your face. "Ha! You wish. We beat them everytime!" you boast. "Did ya cheat?" he squints his eyes. "Do I look like the type?" you ask, copying him. He gives you a bored look. "Sadly you're not. How boring~" he complains.

Boring was never a word you liked when it came to describing yourself. Even if it was true, to you. You were tired of boring, you wanted something different. You hated fitting in, but ended up being too scared to actually stand out. When you joined the volleyball Club you didn't expect to gain so much attention. It made you feel like something about you wasn't boring, like you actually stood out for once. That's why you need to win. To prove that your efforts were enough... That you are enough.

"I'm going to class." you say with attitude to cover up the hint of sadness and overwhelming feeling of being self conscious. Like tendō, you also had trigger words. Boring, was one that triggered you only when used against you. Other than that it wasn't such a big deal since most things do seem to bore you. Odd, you know.
---
"Did someone say something?" Semi asks with a slight worried expression. "No." you state simply. "Girl you've been quiet all day." Akari says, worry very much evident in her voice. "Did you get into a bad fight with tendō?" Shirabu asks. You shake your head lightly.

"I'll end him." Akari states, standing up. You pull her back down. "Don't. He didn't do nun." you reply quietly, afraid of being annoying. "Eh?" she looks at you confused. "What's wrong then?" Semi asks. "Nothing guys. I'm just tired." you lie. You were wide awake.

You lay your head in between your arms and pretend to take a nap. "Wake me up when lunch is over." Akari pats your back and agrees. A small tear slips from your eye. You began over thinking once more.

"I'm too boring for anyone to actually want me." "he'll never truly like me." "why am I not good enough?" "I'm not pretty enough for anyone." "I'll never be good enough for the others." "no one wants someone who looks like this." "my boring personality will drive them away if my looks don't." "it hurts." "I'm too scared..." "my efforts are getting me no where." "why can't love come to me." "are soulmates even real? Cause I feel bad for mine." "no one would actually want to date me." "I'll get stood up again." "I really wanna cry."

So many thoughts flooded your head and it was getting overwhelming. "Hey girl, time for class." akari lightly shakes you. "Ok..." you mumble. You discreetly wipe away the stray tears and get up. Although, that didn't go unnoticed by a few people, including a certain male.

You walked to your class and waited for the bell. Once it finally rang you rushed out to get to your locker. You saw Yukio standing there waiting for you. You were slightly confused. "Hey." you say confused. "Hey, sorry, I just thought I'd wait for you." you nod your head and open your locker.

"Oh?" you tilt your head to the side as you see a package of strawberry licorice and a note. "Cheer up Ms. Licorice. It's no fun when you're sad." you read the note inside your head. You looked at Yukio with a small blush. He was waiting there.

"Did you put this in here?" you ask slowly. He was watching the small interaction of you and the sweet treat. He didn't say anything for moment, but eventually nodded his head. Your blush gets even redder. "Th-thanks." you say. Today has been rough, this really cheered you up.

"Of course heh." he scratched the back of his neck and looked to the side. "I've been having a bad day." you mention. "So this made it 10x better." you say with a small smile. "I'm glad." he says. "Let's uh, get to practice." he states. You nod your head and follow him.

"Ooh~ can I have one??" Akari asks, pointing at the licorice as soon as you walked up to the gym. She was standing outside, waiting for you. "Hell no! These are mine!" you say with a laugh. "Aw l/n~" she whines. "Nuh uh!" you exclaim, shoving one in your mouth.

"Where'd you get it? I thought you said you didn't bring any vending machine money." she questions. Your face turns into a deep blush. "Well, that's cause I didn't. I found them in my locker." you whisper to her. Her eyes go wide. "What!?" she exclaimes. "Crazy right." you mumble.

"Who were they from?" you look over at Yukio. "He even wrote a note." her jaw drops. "Let me read it!" she says excitedly. You hand her the note. Akaris excited look turned to something more confused. "Everything good?" you ask. "Oh yeah! Did he say it was from him?" she asks with a nervous laugh. "Yep! I asked and he nodded his head. I mean he was standing next to my locker so I just assumed. You know?" you explain briefly.

"For sure!" she states. Soon Semi walks over and asks what's all the commotion. You and akari fill him in. "Oh that's cool." he states in monotone, not really interested. "I'mma go change hold my things." you say to Semi. He nods his head. "So, what's the deal?" he asks akari once you're out of sight.

"W-what ever do you mean?" she asks nervously. He stares her down and makes her break. "Ok fine!" she exclaimes. "I didn't want to hurt her feelings but, something about this is very off." she says with a concerned face. "What do you mean?" he asks, now intrigued.

"I'm in the same class as Yukio, and we once had to do a writing assignment together." she starts. "So? Your point?" semi asks, getting impatient. "That's not his handwriting." she states. "So then why did he admit to giving it to her?" he asks confused. "I'm not sure. But I don't like it." Semi nods his head in agreement.