Chapter fourteen

It was Monday and you dragged yourself all the way to school. You saw tendō walking to the entrance and called out to him. "Ya! Satori!" he turns around confused at hearing his first name. "Oh y/n, hey." he says and waits for you to catch up to him.

"Do you got any licorice on you?" you ask, remembering that you forgot your money at home. He gives you an unamused look. "Is that all you wanted from me?" he asks. "Hm... Yeah." you respond plainly. He rolls his eyes but reaches into his pocket and hands you a small bag, like the ones from that cafe.

"But you owe me." he states. "Ya ya." you say and open the bag. "What's on the agenda today?" you ask. "Which challenge are we taking on?" you look up at tendō with a full mouth. He chuckles and your face lightly reddens. "We have lunch challenges, practice challenges, but I don't think wakatoshi would appreciate that... There's also tallying up." he gives you a few options.

"Let's tally up." you suggest. Usually that's something you'd both do separately every couple weeks then compare. "Alright then it's settled. We'll see that I did better." he teased, but now there was a bit of caution in his voice. He didn't want you to have negative thoughts.

"Oh please~ it's obvious I'll be the better one." you gloat. "Hm, I don't think so." he retorts. "Wanna try me?" you ask. "Ok, break it up." Semi says, walking towards you with Akari and Shirabu. "Things were just getting interesting~" tendō teased. "How rude." you pout.

"Fine then party poopers. I'll take my leave. See ya later y/n." tendō says and waves bye. Once he turns around a smile is plastered on his face. "Bye Satori." you say boredly. "Alright bi-" you were immediately cut off. "Since when are you guys calling each other by first names??" Akari asks. You can't tell if she's mad or excited... Or both.

"It's a long story." you say an look back at him. "Are you dating?" Shirabu asks curiously. "Him? No way in hell." you state simply. "Sureeee." he replies suspiciously. "Dude we don't even say each others first names." Akari says in shock. "Let me remind you, he's your rival~ you hate him. He hates you." she states.

The thought of hating each other didn't sit right with you. "But-" she starts. "We all ship it." all three of them nod their heads in agreement. You blink a few times in utter confusment. "Uh... WhAt?" you ask.

"We all agreed you were secretly in love with each other." she explains. "Even you Semi?" you ask with dread. He nods his head. You pout and take a bite of licorice. "Say, where did you get that?" Shirabu asks, pointing at the treat. "Sa-... I'm not answering that." you state and Huff before walking off. "Told ya. She's head over heals." Akari says with a chuckle. "Called it." Semi says with a small smirk. "I honestly thought they hated each other for a while there." Shirabu admits.
---
"Y/n, what really happened with Tendō?" Semi asks as the two of you sat on your floor listening to music. You sigh and look at him, not really wanting to explain it.

"It's kinda embarrassing." you reply shyly. "Your point?" he asks sarcastically, even though his tone made him sound serious. "You're not letting this go are you?" you ask. He shakes his head no.

You stop the music to get a better train of thought and start to tell him what happened a couple of days ago. You started with your date with Yukio and ended with you and tendō getting stuff at the convenience store. He was surprised to say the least, even if he didn't show it.

It took you a long time to open up to Semi about your parents, and he was your best friend. "I bet that brought you two closer." he states, suggesting something more. "Oh hush." you swat the words away. "But you are, aren't you?" you hesitantly nod your head. "I guess so..." you reply.

"What about the feud?" Semi asks. "Oh, neither of us are backing away." semi shakes his head. "No of course not. I meant, does this mean you guys don't hate each other anymore?" a bit of anxiety rushes over you. "Does he hate me? No then he wouldn't have helped me... Was it out of pity?" Semi noticed your new found silence.

"What's up?"he asks worried. "Does satori hate me?" you ask. "I thought you didn't care if he did or not?" he asks curiously, testing the waters. "I didn't...don't!" you reply, fixing your wording. "You've developed a crush." Semi states. You shake your head. "Nuh uh!" you refuse to believe it, especially towards the enemy.

"You wanted fun and exciting. He gives you that. Makes sense to me that'd you'd end up liking him. Plus he gets you on a different level that we don't understand." semi explains. You look at him and wonder how he knows about that last part. "I'm friends with him too remember? I know about his past." Semi admits. You mouth an "oh."

"There's no way I'd actually like him... Right?"