二 (Two)

(Arielle's POV)

A week passed after that night and it was like it never happened. McCall and April never said a word.

The only one who finally said something was Corbin when I joined him for lunch.

"Heard you took my spot." He said as I sat down.

"Sorry."

"Don't be. I'm kind of glad. I was always nervous going in there."

"Why?"

He gave me a look and shook his head. "You have no idea who they are, do you?"

"Not really. Yakuza but that's it."

"Alright. Prepare for your lesson on the Kazuya family." He said, pushing his lunch tray away.

"I'm ready."

"They are the second largest criminal organization in the states. They are tied for third in the world. The Italians are first in the world and the states. The largest Yakuza family is mainly in Japan. The Vasiliev family in Russia is tied with the Kazuyas for third in the world. However, the Kazuya's numbers are constantly growing. Kintaro Kazuya is the current head of the family. Men in his family have been the boss since they formed. He is a fairly reasonable man, but can easily be ranked close to both the Italian boss and Russian boss."

"He seemed nice to me."

He laughed. "That's because you helped save his men."

"There was a man on the stairs. McCall went over and spoke to him. I didn't get a good look at him though."

"Koan-Akinari."

"What?"

"That's Koan-Akinari. He is the youngest son."

"How many are there?"

"Five."

"Five?"

"Seiichi, Kenji, Renzo, Shiro, and Koan-Akinari."

"Why does he have two names?"

"His mom liked one name and his dad liked the other. They couldn't agree, so they gave him both."

"How do you know all this?"

"I.....asked a lot of questions. Probably not the wisest thing to do in regards to a crime family, but I ramble when I'm nervous. They're surprisingly open about a lot of things. As long as you don't ask about business anyway........or Koan."

"What do you mean?"

"I asked a question about him once and they changed the subject completely. He sat on the stairs a lot while we were there and McCall was the only one who he spoke to. He wouldn't even really look at me. I tried asking McCall about him once we left, but he also changed the subject."

"What about the other four?"

"Scary as f*ck is a description I'd use. All on their own level, you know? Seiichi looks and is scary as f*ck. Shiro doesn't look scary, but sounds scary as f*ck. Understand?"

I nodded. "Understood."

"What else can I tell you?" He asked, tapping his finger against chin. "Oh, Izumi is Kintaro's wife. She is a very nice lady, but also seems like she has taken after her husband a bit."

"What does McCall go there for? Does he go only when they're attacked or something?"

"No, he also does for things like the flu. He also gives them checkups and physicals. You will accompany him for all of those."