四 (Four)

(Arielle's POV)

In the past month, we've made two house calls. One turned out to be Shiro with the flu and the other turned out to be Renzo's broken ankle.

Each of those times, I didn't see Koan. I'm not sure why, but I was disappointed when I didn't see him. I secretly looked for him every chance I got.

We ended up staying up to four hours after we finished both times. The first time was for drinks again and the second time was actually for dinner. Because of those hours spent...socializing, I've gotten to really like them.

"Are you listening to me?" Mom asked, snapping me from my thoughts.

"Not really. Sorry."

She just shook her head.

I'm back over for dinner, but this time I actually went home first to shower. I changed from my scrubs to Koan's sweatpants and a t-shirt. The pants are fairly big on me, so I have to roll them and tie them tight. They're very comfy though.

"Explain to me again why Dad and Colten aren't here? I thought this was a family dinner?"

"They had something come up at the last second."

"Like what?"

"It's for the big case they got a few months back. It's a joint force with the FBI. They're trying to take on and eliminate a local Yakuza family. Apparently they're having a meeting tonight at a nightclub and the police and FBI are going to bust it. Going to see who they can arrest."

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, as my heart stopped. "Yakuza?"

"Yeah. They got word from an anonymous source, I think."

I was out the door before she could say anything else. I had to take the bus because I'd forgotten that my car was in the shop and my mom picked me up from my place.
The bus only took me so far so I had to walk the rest of it. The guy at the gate looked hella confused, but recognized me and let me in. From there I sprinted to the house.

I pounded on the door until Izumi opened it. I knew must've looked crazy, but I didn't care.

"Kintaro. Where is he?" I asked.

"In the living room. Why? What's wrong?"

I ran inside to find him amongst two of his sons and some unfamiliar faces.

"Arielle, what are you doing here?"

"Do you have a club?"

"What?"

"Do you have a club? A nightclub?"

"Several. Why?"

"Is there a meeting at one tonight?"

"Yes, Seiichi and Kenji are there."

"The FBI and local police are there staking out the meeting. They're going to bust it and arrest everyone they can."

"What?!"

"I don't know when, but you need to tell them before it's too late."

They all started making phone calls. Soon after, Seiichi and Kenji came walking through the front doors.

"Don't know who gave you the intel, but they were right. Once you told us they were there, they were easy to spot. Also saw their vehicles on the street." Seiichi said.

I let out a the breath I'd been holding and sat on the couch. That's when they noticed me.

"Elle? What are you doing here?"