Epilogue

(Arielle's POV)

Love.

It's just a four letter word.

Some people would argue that it's more than that.

They would argue that people who say it's just a four letter word don't really know what love is. People who think it's just a word have never felt it or have never given any real value to it.

They may be right...

But not with us.

To Koan and I...

It is just a four letter word.

The way I feel about him...

Love doesn't even come close.

It can't. There's no way.

Until there comes a day when there's a word that describes the way we feel about each other, that four letter word will have to suffice.

"Hey Elle. Do you want to go get something to eat with us?" Corbin asked, standing with April and a few other nurse by the door as I grabbed my bag from my locker.

"I have other plans. Sorry." I apologized.

"Tell your others plans that we said hello." Corbin grinned as I walked past them.

I got there in record time.

Record time being ten minutes.

Some people say that space and having your own time is important in a relationship.

Once again...

Not to Koan and I.

We don't like being away from each other. We don't like knowing that we're in two different locations.

Going back to work was a discussion we had had late one night in bed.

Before meeting me, Koan's main way of getting out of the house was working at one of Kintaro's legitimate businesses. He rarely spent any of the money he made so what he had was more than enough that neither of us had to go back work ever again.

But I decided to go back to work because I love my job. There is still the risk that I could bring something home from the hospital and get him sick, but I'm very hyper vigilant about him and Doc made an interesting point. Doc said that he's been Koan's doctor for a very long time and Koan has never caught something because of him, so I should be fine.

In regards to Koan working, well he wasn't that into going back to work for his dad so he chose to stay home.

Until Ryu and Aria came to town and Ryu gave Koan his gift.

Back in Japan, Ryu use to be a personal trainer at a gym.

Now he owns several of his own gyms throughout Japan.

See where we're going?

Yeah, well he wanted to open a few gyms in the states and he gifted his first one to Koan.

Building of the gym was completed a week after Christmas, but he wanted to be here to show Koan around and to see if it was something Koan actually wanted.

Koan seemed really excited as Ryu was showing him around and I could tell he wanted it. He told me that Ryu had trained him a bit months prior to us meeting and that he enjoyed it a lot.

Also, he didn't like working at his dad's place that much because he had to wear formal clothes and not sweatpants or jeans. If he worked at a gym then he could wear sweatpants and gym shorts everyday.