二十三 (Twenty-Three)

(Arielle's POV)

I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on the door. Surrounded by warmth, I didn't want to get up and hoped that whoever it was would go away.

They didn't though.

Koan had a firm yet gentle hold around me that was a bit of a struggle to get out of. I went to stand and instantly felt an uncomfortable ache between my legs. I didn't want to wake him so I did my best to ignore the ache as I pulled on my robe and went to answer the door.

I looked out the peephole and was slightly baffled at who I saw. Knowing I must've looked like a complete mess, I opened the door.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" I asked, pulling my robe tighter.

"Wanted to talk to you. Knew you probably wouldn't...come back over or maybe even call. Can I come in?"

I wanted too, but Koan was here.

She seemed to have noticed my internal battle and looked over my shoulder.

"You're not alone, are you?"

"He is asleep."

"Is he the one from..."

"Yeah." I nodded. "I'll get ready and meet you downstairs, okay?"

"Okay." She nodded with a smile.

I closed the door, rushed back to the bedroom, and started picking out clothes. I thought he was still asleep until I turned around found him sitting up in bed.

"Aren't I supposed to be the one rushing to get out?" He teased.

"My mom was at the door." I said.

"Oh."

"She wants to talk to me."

"Do you want me to come?"

I stared at the beauty of him in my bed, the sheet pooled in his lap, and his perfect messy hair framing his flawlessly sculpted face. He arched his brow, waiting for my response.

"I want you to stay here."

"Why?"

"Us."

That's all I said, but he understood and gave me nod.

I won't say I didn't trust my mother because that's wasn't it. I didn't trust that she'd be alone. Didn't trust that my father wouldn't know she'd come visit me and wouldn't be watching us from afar or barge in to interrupt. I didn't want Koan there just in case my father showed up.

"What are you going to tell her?" He asked.

"I don't know. I'm sure she has lots of questions."

"She'll ask about me."

"What...what can I tell her?"

"Anything you want to. Anything that will help."

I walked over to his side of the bed and gently kissed him.

"Thank you." I murmured against his lips.

I was slightly startled when I felt a hand glide up my inner thigh.

"Are you okay?" He asked, softly.

"Sore." I admitted and he smirked.