二十八 (Twenty-Eight)

A/N:

For those confused....

Kintaro = adopted but considers(ed) Satoru as his actual blood brother.

Satoru = older than Kintaro and should've become boss when their father and Naoki died.

Emiko= killed Naoki in hopes that Satoru would be named boss because he "deserves it". Got pissed when Kintaro was named boss despite being adopted and not being actual Kazuya blood.

The big lead Kinatro and Seiichi got many chapters ago, before the bodies washed up on the beach, was about a meeting. Emiko planned it out to be a trap so that they would hear about it and try to ambush those in attendance. Koan called Ryu and asked him to see what he could find about the meeting via the...dark web.

"You did the hunting." -Koan

"But you did the slaying." -Ryu

Koan showed up, surprised everyone there, couldn't get anyone to talk, and killed them. Cut off the pinkies of two men and placed them at the front gate. The mystery man at the hospital was one that Koan had left alive. Emiko saw it happen on the camera she placed, but get that information to herself in hopes of it being an...ultimate card or whatever.

Clear?

Clear as mud?

Enjoy!

B.

~~~~~~~~~~~
(Arielle's POV)

I stared across from me as tears continuously rolled down my cheeks. His breathing wasn't normal and he had blood coming from the corner of his mouth.

After Emiko got in quite a few hits, she asked if it should be my turn. I screamed yes the same time Koan told her no and cursed at her a bit. She gave us a sickening smirk and hit him more.

"Hurts." Koan murmured, his eyes closed and his head leaned back against the pole he was tied to.

"It hurts? What hurts?" I asked.

Emiko and her men had left about fifteen minutes ago. She ended the call with Kinatro after the second hit and just forced him to watch.

"Chest."

"Your chest? What part of your chest?"

"Heart."

"Your heart hurts?"

He kept his eyes closed and nodded.

"You're crying and in pain so my heart hurts."

"I'm in pain because you're hurt and I can't...touch you...or assess how bad you're injured."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Why didn't you just let her hit me?" I cried.

"Protecting us."

"Koan,"

"Can't feel it anyway."

I stared at him for several seconds before speaking quietly.

"Is what she said true? About those bodies that washed up on the beach?"

"If it is? Will you change your mind about me? About us?" He asked, opening his eyes.

"I love you." I told him honestly. "I love everything about you. I love the good and the bad."

He gave me a smile and closed his eyes again.