Part 1

Disclaimer

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to an actual persons, living or dead, or actual events and places are purely coincidental.

Please be advised that this story contains mature themes and strong language that are not suitable for very young audiences. Read at your own risk.

Note that this story is unedited. It might have typographical, grammatical, and punctuation errors. So please bear with me.

-----------

Alex POV

"Alex! More beer on table number 5!"

"Yes! I'm coming!!"

I cleared the empty bottles on the table and get their additional orders.

"6 more bottles of beer and another order of fried chicken Sir coming right away!"

As I entered the kitchen to get the orders, I saw a woman leaning on the counter top looking great in her body hugging dress. Her accesories and make up made her look more stunningly beautiful.

Then a memory of me a few years ago just flashed on my mind. When I almost looked the same as the woman I'm staring at right now. Sophisticated and classy.

I used to look like that before. Sipping an expensive cocktail drink while wearing my most expensive dress that matches with my black and gold pumps, paired with my simple but classy accesories. Not minding other people and just enjoying the night.

Far from what I look right now.

I feel exhausted almost all the time, I didn't get enough sleep after having 4 jobs in a single day everyday. I woke up early to deliver fresh milk door to door, being a part time dishwasher at a chinese restaurant, on the afternoon at a coffee shop as a part time barista and finally a waitress on a bar. Sometimes I get to peel garlic and onions whenever I'm free to earn more.

I've worked diligently for me to save up and pay my mothers expenses. She was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. And has been hospitalized for a couple of months.

This is my life now.

I usually got off from work around 12 to 1am. Since it's late I had no choice but to walk from the bar until I reached the place where I sleep in. The place that I never wanted to stay long. But since I'm so broke I can't even afford to rent a place of my own.

I was passing through a dark alley when I suddenly found myself lying on the ground. I was hit by a fast motorbike. Am I over thinking that much? That I don't sense the presence of the motorbike coming my way. Stupid! Well as I expected the rider just sped off leaving me here all alone. Great just great!

Now I felt the pain everywhere especially on my arms and legs. I can't get a hold of myself to stand up. My body aches big time!

Then I saw a flash of light, from a car moving in my direction. I started to panic, I don't want to be hit for the 2nd time. I had no choice but to roll over the ground since I can't stand up. The car approaching stop midway and the engine went off while the headlight were still on. When a man suddenly appear and offer his hand to me.

I hesitated at first but since I'm helpless I'll let him pull me up. I took his hand and give all my remaining strength to finally stand up and I did. We did.

"Can you walk?" he asked.

"I'm not sure but I have to. Thanks for helping me out. I've got to get home.." really Alex you call that a home?