Part 22

Alex POV

Love?

Did I hear it correctly?

I was about to speak when the door opened with a waiter pushing the cart full of food. I gulped. I'm really hungry and everything smells so good. Well, I'll forget about my phone right now and enjoy these yummy dishes infront of me.

"Eat slowly.." I nodded and keep munching.

I glanced at him and I see he's eating religiously as well. I kinda miss my jolly Baekhyun, usually by this time he would make some weird sounds. But this guy right here is silently eating his food. I stopped midway. He seem to notice me so he looked at me with curiousity.

"I miss the way you eat loudly before.. Uh sorry." and we become awkward.

For sure those 4 long years made a difference. Especially for the both us. And it scares me to think that one of them is Baekhyun's love for me.

"Just don't mind me. And eat your own food. Tss." he hissed.

After that he took his phone and call someone.

"Sehun-ah it's hyung... Yes... I know you knew Chanyeol's account number right?... Can you give it to me... Yes, don't worry I won't tell... Hahaha of course. Thanks bye!.." his smile faded as he talk with the waiter. Oh the bill!

I took my purse and went straight to them.

"Where's the bill?"

"It's settled.."

Did he pay for it?

"I shouldn't let you pay. You--"

"I said it's settled. But I never said it was me who paid for it. Know the difference."

How many times can he broke my heart with just his words? I bit my lower lip to stop myself from crying infront of him. He will hate me more if I do that.

He walked right pass me and left the room. I sighed. I grab my things and went outside as well. So much for tonight Alex. I'm wondering how much will I take for his hurtful words. I knew this will go on everytime we see each other.

I unconsciously shed a tear. They are right I became a cry baby.

Before I can even enter the car, Baekhyun showed himself beside me.
His handing me my phone, oh I forgot about this.

"Thanks.. uh I'll get going." I said dismissing him but he stopped my hand from opening the door of my car.

I look at him and meet his gaze.

"Uh.. what is it?"

He remained quiet until I pushed him a little bit.

"If you have nothing to say, I have to go Mr. Byun."

He chuckled without humor. "Since when did you call me Mr. Byun?"

"Just now.."

"Give me your contact details before you leave.." but why?

I gave him my business card.

"I don't think you're interested but here it is. Now can I go?"

"You can't wait to be with your boyfriend huh?" what boyfriend is he talking about?

"What are you talking about? Can I just go? I'm already at my limit for your insults.. I have enough for this day okay?" that made him stop. So I grab the chance to get inside and start the car.

It's true. He's succesful for making me feel bad the whole time. I know he's just mad but what can I do? I'm starting to hate myself more... From turning the bright and jolly Baekhyun to a cold and rude one. I can't hate him so I'll hate myself instead.