Part 24

Alex POV

Theo and I had a short dinner that night. Since he has an early flight the next day. But since the last time we talked, he opened about himself so sharing mine would be fine.

"You remember the guy who pick us up in the airport?" I asked.

"Hmm.. Yes, what's his name again? Baekhyun?"

I smiled. "Yes. He's my boyfriend back then. Before I flew to US. I uh.. left him."

"I know something is going on between the two of you. He's staring at you like you're the only one he sees."

"I left him without goodbye. Without a word. I thought I can protect him from the pain, knowing his girlfriend is sick and dying. Both of my parents died because of it so when I learn about it, I don't know what to do. I made a stupid decision of leaving him like that. I went to US because I want to live longer, for him. To have more time for him. I thought once I'm okay, I can make up for the time I was gone. But I was wrong. I had no idea how much pain I cost him and now he didn't even want to know my reasons."

"I still love him Theo. He's my only reason to fight cancer that time. I wanted to pursue him, I want to be on his life again but.. he said we should move forward." my tears fell like a river.

He offered his hanky and I gladly accept.

"There's always a best time for everything Alex. For now, respect his decision. Even if it means you have to part ways. It'll hurt, of course. But the more you rush things, the more it gets complicated. Just let it fall to it's own place. Forgiveness and love are two different things, but has the same meaning." he patted my shoulders. "You'll know it in time."

I embraced him tightly before he rode a cab. I glanced at my wrist watch, it's still early. I decided to have a few drinks on my favorite bar.

I settled myself on the bar counter, I'm alone anyway. I'm not in a mood for hard drinks so I settle with a bottle of wine.

I was reflecting on my self. Everything about me and him are too much right now. Too complicated and too painful. Can I really face the fact that we're over that same night I left? Or I was making a fool of my self hoping we could have a happy ending?

I thought about calling Wenna, but I stopped. She'll just get worried.

After a few moments I finished a whole bottle of my wine. Was I that thirsty? I'm still sober so I lift my hand to order more. This time I tried to ordered soju. It taste fine so I immediately finished a bottle. Then I ordered more until I can feel my head spinning. I just realize that I was just planning to unwind but I got myself drunk. Stupid!

I gathered myself together, I needed to go to the rest room. Maybe cold water can help me. Every step I take my foot kept tripping, that I almost bumped everywhere. My visions became blur because of the lights. Until I fell on the floor because my heels slipped on me.

My feet hurts like I got scraped and sprained. I held and massage them. I need to get up now. I probably look stupid here.

I tried standing up but I failed a few times. Suddenly an arm touched my skin and lifted me up. He was now carrying me bride style. I can't see his face but his scent was familiar.

"I need to go to the rest room. Please." I pleaded.

"No, I'm taking you home now." he said.

Home? No, it might be someone pervert who wanna get on me. No!!

"Put me down! I don't even know you! I'm not one of those cheap girls that you can easily play!" I'm now hitting his arm. And wriggling so I can get off his hold. But his grip tighten around me.