12

She strolled down the streets, it was a chilly night. Because of the pollution, she couldn't see the stars but it's not like she would see any anyway. A cigarette between her fingers, her fingers were burned. Her life was meaningless. I should just die. She thought.

She deeply inhaled the nicotine, she could feel how her lungs were full of smoke. It somehow relaxed her a little bit. She was completely fucked up since childhood, her mind was messed up. She hated everything, everybody. She loathed the whole world. She could remember how her teachers, foster parents, and so-called friends yelled at her for making a mistake in every single task they assigned her. It was simple really.

Do your homework, do the dishes, ace the tests. Buy some alcohol for us. Do you wanna hook up? If she didn't do it or made a mistake they would beat her up. The only thing it would bring her joy was to take the life of things that were alive. She wasn't bad at it and she loved it. She loved how people - boys or girls or anyone - would scream when she tortured and killed them.

She loved watching their agonizing face as she pulled their skin off and sew their mouth. Cutting their nails, then fingers then their whole hand. Stabbing their eyes over and over and over again. Dissect them.

She was a cold-hearted ice queen with no feelings. Love? Love was a foolish thing. She wasn't in love. Yes, she had a girlfriend but she was naive. A perfect target for her collection. Or so she thought. Every time the blonde was close to her, her heartbeat picked up.

Every time they kissed she felt warmth in her chest. She knew what to do (torture her slowly but surely), but she felt stuck. Like it was a push and pull. Her dark, evil side wasn't satisfied with it. She wanted more and more. Jisoo heavily sighed and went home.
×××
Jennie was cooking dinner when the bell has rung. "Coming!" She yelled out. She turned the food down to low heat and walked to the door. She opened it but saw nothing.

"What the..." Jennie whispered. She closed the door and turned around to go back to the kitchen when the doorbell has rung again. She harshly opened it.

"I swear to God if you're playing with me you're going to" Jennie couldn't finish her sentence as she felt a needle in her neck. She mumbled something then she blacked out.
×××
"Hey, have someone seen Jennie?" Sooyoung asked the others.

The class shook their head. Nobody knew anything about Jennie's whereabouts.

"Maybe she's sick?" Tried Nayeon. Lisa shook her head. "Jennie isn't the type who gets ill nor misses school. She cares about her grades too much."

Nayeon shrugged. "Then I don't know." Rosé looked at Lisa than Sooyoung.

"Probably she got some errands to take care of. She'll be here later, don't worry." Rosé tried to calm them down.

"I doubt it," Lisa whispered to herself.
×××
It was lunchtime and Jennie still wasn't in school. The group played with their food, they didn't have any appetite.

"Maybe she is sick," Seulgi said.

"We can visit her!" Irene replied. The others have nodded along agreeing with her idea. Chaeyoung looked at Lisa.

"Do you want to come?" Lisa forced a smile. "Of course. I'm her girlfriend after all."

Lisa played with her spoon. "It's just I have a bad feeling but maybe it's nothing and I'm overthinking." Rosé patted her shoulder, a sympathetic smile on her lips.

"It'll be okay." It should be after all.
×××
The group of friends stood in front of Jennie's house.

"So... Shall we?" Seulgi asked the others. Lisa nodded then Irene stepped out and rang the bell. Nobody answered the door. Irene rang again. They waited and waited.

"Probably she's asleep." Sooyoung shrugged her shoulders and was going to start to walk away but Chaeyoung firmly gripped her arm. She motioned to the door. "Try knocking," she said.

Irene complied and knocked only to see the front door was slightly ajar. She turned around raising a brow, a silent question in her eyes. "Let me in!" Lisa shoved the others away, pushed the door, and ran inside. The girls were following closely.

"Jennie? Jennie!" Lisa called her girlfriend but there wasn't any response.

"Shit, I think something is burning." Sooyoung held her nose. Rosé followed the smell and saw the overcooked and also burnt food. "Jennie has forgotten to turn the stove off."

"Guys? I found this on Jennie's coffee table." Seulgi held up an envelope to show to the others. Lisa snatched it away and examined it. She opened it taking out a letter.

Tomorrow afternoon at the back of Yongin station. One forty-five PM. Don't be late.

Fourteen words. Three sentences. Lisa threw the letter away. "That fucking bitch! If they do something to Jennie if they lay a finger on her, I will fucking kill them!"

Sooyoung grabbed Lisa by the arm so she couldn't do any further damage. "Calm down. We will find her." She stated calmly.

"How the fuck am I supposed to calm down?! They hold Jennie hostage! They have her! Besides, it's an hour traveling!" Lisa screamed like a madwoman.

Lisa's phone has beeped signaling she received a text message.

Don't call the cops if you want your girlfriend alive. One forty-five PM. Don't forget it or I'll end your little girlfriend. Come alone.

"Argh!" Lisa angrily threw her phone to a wall which landed on the floor.

Seulgi picked up her mobile and handed it to her. The screen was broken.

Rosé stepped beside Lisa and hugged her. "I know you are angry. But there's nothing we can do." She squeezed her shoulder. "You read it, Lisa. If we call the cops then chances are Jennie won't survive."

The Thai balled her hand into a fist and slowly exhaled. "I'll go there and make sure they won't see the light ever again."

Irene shook her head. "Don't go to the station alone, it's dangerous." The brown haired girl looked into her eyes. "I have to. You saw it."

Seulgi sighed. "Then be sure to be extra careful. Got it Manoban?"

"I hate to admit but this time I agree with Seulgi." Sooyoung patted Lisa's head.

Lisa smiled reassuringly. "You guys won't get rid of me that easily."

Rosé clapped her hands. "Alright then. Let's get this show on the road."

Elyn: missed me? ;)