5~meeting

SOOJIN POV

Nervously dragging myself down the hall, I soon found myself arriving at a large black door.

I stared at the bold lettering on the door reading, "CEO OFFICE" before hesitantly walking into the room.

"Hello, Saeri-nim." I spoke half knocking and half bowing respectfully.

The woman in black sat professionally at her desk writing on some documents.

"Ah yes, take a seat Soojin-ssi." she greeted with her eyes glued to her work.

Leaving my hold on the doorknob, I made my way to the chair opposite the woman's desk.

I watched as the CEO finished off the last bit of her writing before signing off and closing her pen lid.

"I would like to speak with you regarding your debut." she began.

"I've been told by your coaches that you are improving at a significantly quick rate. I am pleased." she spoke with slight pride.

No way.
Did Saeri-nim just say something nice to me?

"Thank you! I'll work hard." I thanked bowing my head continuously.

I noticed the older woman give a slight smile before pulling out a folder from under her desk.

"I sure hope you will, because next month will be your official debut."

Instantly my jaw dropped.

MY DEBUT?!
NEXT MONTH?!?!

Gawking at the woman with widened eyes, I tried to process my thoughts.

"B-but Saeri-nim, I've only trained here for a few months," I protested in distress.

I observed as she exhaled heavily through her mouth and clasped her hands together on the desk.

"Don't stress. You just need to work hard the next few weeks and you'll be fine."

Still feeling uneasy, I bit my lip in discomfort.

"I-I'm sorry but I don't know if I'm ready." I admitted honestly.

To my despair I watched the woman sigh again, this time with a hint of annoyance.

"Listen Soojin. I don't care if you're 'ready' or not. You're going to perform your debut stage at Mnet Countdown in four weeks." she stated firmly.

"I'm counting on you to boost the company's sales by at least 12%, or you might not get a comeback for another year."

12 percent?!
The company's sales are already super high.

Feeling my heart sink at the massive bomb of expectation dropped, I slumped in my seat.

I watched as the woman eyed my body up and down, furrowing her brows.

"Since you already have a slim figure, you will only need to go on a diet for your skin."

Feeling insecurity rise up inside, I held my cheek with my hand, caressing the skin.

"Don't worry your skin is fine. We just can't have you breaking out."

I gave the woman an awkward grin unsure on how to take the information.

She proceeded to look back at the folder she had retrieved before and slide it over the desk for me.

"Here's everything you need to know in preparation for your debut." she spoke opening the folder.

"Here's your debut concept, choreographer as well as your diet plan."