15~late show

JAKE POV

It had been a couple weeks after my interaction with Soojin at MC Countdown, and I still couldn't get her out of my head. 

And it didn't help that her face was practically all over the internet.

"Hyung! Hyung! Take a look at this!" yelled NIKI as he barged into the living room.

The younger member switched on the TV and jumped excitedly onto the couch next to me. I watched curiously as the screen revealed the set of, 'The Tonight Show, Starring Jimmy Fallon."

With my attention glued to the screen, my eyes widened at the sight of the familiar girl in the chair.

"Welcome back to the show everyone! Tonight we have a very special guest with us, please introduce yourself!" the show host announced excitedly.

The young girl in the chair opposite him smiled brightly before looking directly into the camera lens.

"Hi guys! I'm K-pop idol Park Soojin and I'm very excited to be here!" she chimed waving her hands.

I chuckled.

Aw, she's nervous.
Cute.

The man at the large desk continued to interview her, asking her about her thoughts on being a famous celebrity at such a young age.

As I listened to the girl respond the each question, I felt my heart flutter.

I haven't heard her Aussie accent in such a long time.

Sometimes I forget that her accent was the first thing that made me fall for her.

Flashback

"Ah you're puppy boy!" she blurted suddenly.

Taken aback, I chuckled at the girl.

Observing my reaction, she looked down at the ground biting her lip as her cheeks turned red.

"Uh thank you?" I responded teasingly after catching I breath,
"I have been told I looked a little like a dog but never before have I been called puppy boy!"

I laughed as he noticed her embarrassment.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to say that!" the girl spoke quickly, suddenly speaking in English.

My smile suddenly faded as my eyes widened in shock.

"No way...are you perhaps Australian?"

She lifted her head looking as if her ears picked up familiarity of my accent. 

She nodded at me in confusion yet excitement.

"Yo that's insane! I'm Aussie too!" I exclaimed opening my arm out for a bro hug.

She accepted it openly, locking her fingers with mine and leaning into my broad chest.

"My name is Soojin by the way." she stated feeling a little more at ease.

I smiled kindly lingering my fingers in her's.

"Nice to meet you Soojin,

I'm Jake."

End of flashback

Smiling at the memory, a bitter-sweet feeling lingered in my chest.

We were such babies back then.

Little did I know, you'd be seeing my boxers a few days after.

I chuckled at my thoughts as I felt a pair of eyes on me.