11~why why

SOOJIN POV

Knees trembling and palms sweating, I nervously dragged myself backstage. The stylist dressed me in an innocent yet sexy school girl uniform with a tight button up shirt and uncomfortably short skirt. On my feet I wore short black boots with heels on the ends, causing me to walk uneasily.

"How are you feeling?" Jinhyuk asked as he walked me to the wings.

"Apart from wanting to throw myself off a building, I'm great!" I spoke with sarcasm.

The man chuckled.

"Maybe after the performance." he teased triggering a smack from me.

As I entered the wings, I noticed a small TV on the wall.

"Look! They're introducing you now!"

***

SHOW POV

"Alright! Thanks ATEEZ for that powerful performance of Fireworks! We will now be moving onto our next performer for tonight." spoke MC Arin as she gestured for Soobin to take over.

"Yes! Our next performer is a very special one as today is her very first debut stage!" he spoke cheering excitedly.

"Indeed she is, our next performer is an idol that has been very well anticipated by the public ever since her appearance on MNET's survival show I-LAND." Arin continued.

"Unfortunately she suffered an health issue on the show causing her to take a very long hiatus. But the wait is now over as today she is finally showcasing her self-composed debut song, 'Why why'!"

The two MC's cheered.

"Please welcome, PARK SOOJIN!"

The camera panned away from the two hosts and straight to the large stage. The stage was dark but soon lit up as the music began to echo the stadium.

***

JAKE POV

10 months.

It's been 10 months since I've seen her.

Tears filled my eyes as I watched the girl I had longed for so long perform in front of me. Her figure moved perfectly in time with her music as her voice echoed through the stage. I had chills.

"Woah her song is amazing. I can't believe she wrote it." Jungwon spoke from next to me.

With my eyes on the girl, I watched as she moved her way across the stage. 

Did she somehow get even prettier?

She looked the same, but different.

Her hair and legs were longer and her face had moulded to her features. My heart skipped a beat as I watched her smile at the camera.

I'll do anything, I'll follow you anywhere
Cuz baby you got me
I don't care if I don't know numbers
There's no need to calculate
I wanna say yeah woo, I wanna say woo
You just keep smiling, but I think it's love
Why, why, why, why

Her voice was like sweet honey to my ears as she effortlessly sang into her mic. Compared to all the other idols, she was by far the best at singing live.

"Ayo she's kinda like...smashing it." spoke Jay as he also stared at the girl speechless.

Frozen in a trance, I continued to stare at the girl for the rest of the song. Each time she smiled or winked, I felt butterflies in my tummy. 

Like the speed of light, the music had stopped and the girl took her final position on the stage. The camera panned back to the MC hosts, and the younger girl quickly scurried off stage to the wings opposite the boys and I.

The other members all began to prep their mics and packs however my eyes stayed glued on the girl. I watched as she placed her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath. Soon, I watched an older guy run over to her.

Unable to make out what he was saying, I watched as he held the girl up and smiled giving her a tight embrace. Feeling a sense of envy, I then furrowed my eyebrows as a large group of boys also came charging at her.

Treasure?
Oh yeah, she's at YG isn't she...

I felt my heart sink as I watched each boy fight their way to the girl, hugging her and holding her face. She looked so small in their arms, so tiny and so small. 

You look happy, Soojin-ah.

Feeling a tear roll down my cheek I quickly turned away from the sight. Choking on my tears, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay buddy, she's moved on. So must we." 

I lifted my head and met the sight of a teary-eyed Sunghoon. His nose was red and it was obvious he was also looking over at the girl.

I nodded slightly, unable to formulate a response. 

Suddenly the lights dimmed and the instrumental of our song played.

"Quick boys! Get on stage!" whisper-yelled Hyunsik frantically signalling for us to move.

I glanced over to the wings opposite me and noticed that the girl and her friends had already left. Wiping the final falling tear from my cheek, I gathered the strength to walk into my position.

I'm proud of you Soojin-ah.
Your performance was all I had hoped it would be.