17~cheeseballs

SOOJIN POV

It was now almost a week since my trip to America and I had pretty much been stuck in the studio trying to create the perfect track for my next comeback. Luckily Treasure's happy virus, Junkyu, was sweet enough to help me out.

"How about this one?" I asked the idol as I played the short sample track I had composed.

He listened intently slightly bopping his head to the beat. As the track progressed to the chorus, he suddenly reached over to pause it.

I looked at him anxiously while silence filled the room.

"Again Soojin, I'm not really feeling it." he spoke frowning.

Sighing in disappointment, I clicked on the track with the mouse and dragged it to the bin. Leaning back into the chair, I groaned in frustration.

"Saeri freaking nim scheduled the comeback at Inkigayo for three weeks from now and I haven't even written the song." I whined throwing my head back.

"I need to get my shit together or else imma get bashed again." 

Junkyu chuckled as he placed his hand on my head.

"Don't worry you can do it. I know you can." he spoke patting my head.

"You just need to stop worrying about the deadline and compose what ever is on your mind."

Listening to his words, I scoffed.

"Unless you want me to write about wanting to jump in front of a train every two seconds, then I don't think that'll work." I admitted.

The boy nodded his head up and down.

"No that sounds good actually."

Puzzled, I tilted my head.

"What? Writing about wanting to die?" I asked.

Junkyu laughed.

"Yes-well not exactly but, yknow just be honest. Write about what you're really going through." she spoke bringing his legs up to rest on the desk.

"That way you can't go wrong, because it's about your genuine feelings." 

Pondering on his suggestion, I scrunched my face in thought.

"I don't know if Saeri and the staff with too happy with what I write about. It doesn't really fit the concept they gave me." I spoke in all honesty.

I glanced over at the boy and watched as he clicked his tongue.

"Well Saeri and the staff can suck ass for all I care, in my opinion, you've gained enough of a fanbase to protect you from their corrupt ways."

Nodding at his words, I felt a glimmer of hope spark from inside.

Maybe he's right.

Maybe I do have enough support from the public to do what I want without repercussions from YG.

Maybe. Just maybe.

Snapping out of my deep thoughts, I finally brought my attention back to the large computer.

"Well, until then. I'm gonna work my ass off."

***

JAKE POV

Lying on my bed, I stared at the ceiling of my room with my head full of thoughts.

After my encounter with Soojin at the MC Countdown, Hyunsik and Goreum decided to punish us by not letting us have a comeback for the next six months. If it was just me I would be fine but the other boys have to suffer to, which makes me guilty inside.

"Hyung, wanna eat cheese balls with me?"

I turned towards the door of my room and looked at Sunoo who was gripping a family size container of orange cheese balls.

*If y'all haven't seen that video of Sunoo looking around the I-LAND house for someone to share his cheese balls with, for the sake of your mental health I added the link here!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNPg2lkjkRp/

You're welcome. Happy reading :D

I chuckled at his adorableness and nodded my head, patting the empty space on the bed next to me. The boy waddled towards my bed and plopped himself down onto the mattress before screwing open the lid and stuffing his mouth with the cheesy snack.

"So hyung, when do you think Dunghoon, Deesungie and Dungwonie will stop their annoying little grudge they have on Soojin?" Sunoo spoke with his mouth full.

Reaching into the tub to grab some cheese balls of my own, I shrugged.

"I don't know man. It's been almost a year, at this point they're just being childish."

Munching on the snack, the boy opposite nodded his head.

"Yeah, well last night when we were sleeping, I got woken up by Heesung talking in his sleep." he spoke.

Snickering I asked him to elaborate.

"I couldn't really make out full sentences but all I know is he definitely said something along the lines of, 'I miss you Soojin', 'Please don't forget me."

My eyes widened as I watch the boy burst into laughter recalling the story.

"Ah and for him to have the audacity to tell us we should move on from her!" he chuckled holding his stomach.

Laughing with him, I looked at the floor, reminded of past memories.

It's funny to think that this time last year, my biggest worry was that Soojin was going to fall for Heesung.

Smiling at the memory, I watched the boy next to me continue to trash talk the older member.

Seems like his feelings for Soojin haven't changed after all.

Sunoo and my laughing fit soon came to a halt when we heard a knock on the door. Wiping the orange powder off my lips, I got off the bed and headed to the door.

Squinting into the peep hole, I captured the sight of a familiar boy.

"Haruto?"

***
HARUTO POV

The door finally opened revealing the ENHYPEN member I had come to visit.

"Hi, I'm Haruto from Treasure." I greeted kindly.

Since it was our first time meeting, I figured I'd not scare him off by acting like my usual cold self.

The boy stared at me shocked.

"Yea...I know who you are. I'm sorry why are you here?" he asked visibly confused. 

Realising I just showed up to another idols dorm without any explanation, I mentally slapped myself before speaking again.

"I came to talk to you...about Soojin."