✉ two

"Hey, did you text me last night?" Liam set his food down on the table and peered at me behind his glasses.

"No."

"Oh," I mumble.

"An unknown number texted me last night and you're my only friend who's number I don't have."

"No, I didn't text," he sighs. "My mom won't let me have a phone." My lips form an O as I stare at my food. That's really weird. He's like sixteen and his mom won't let him have a phone?

Dan and Josh set their food down and take a seat across from me. They're twins, but polar opposites. I've never seen two people come out of a vagina minutes apart and be so different.

Then again I've never known any twins besides them, so...

"I'm so ready for senior year," Dan sighs. "It's not coming fast enough."

My phone buzzes in my pocket and I look around for administration.

Unknown Number: I love your hair like that.

It's that unknown number again. Are they in here right now? I look around for anybody who's texting right now, but I don't see anybody. Of course, the one group of kids I can't see are the seniors. Fuck, this prank is getting annoying as hell.

Me: Isn't the prank a little old? 

Moments later my phone buzzes again.

Unknown Number: I told you it's not prank, louis. 

Me: then tell me ur name 

After a few minutes of no reply, I put my phone back in my pocket and go back to eating.

"Who are you texting?" Niall sits down beside me and smiles.

"I'm not quite sure," I mumble. Niall raises an eyebrow and takes a bit of my sandwhich.

"There's a party tonight, seniors are inviting all juniors."

"Why?"Dan and Josh say at the same time. They're good at doing that.

"I have no idea, but Harry Styles is throwing the party." I cringe at the name. Harry Styles. Every girls dream. He's the definition of perfect, according to Josh. I find him to be annoyingly cocky and a womanizer. He flirts with any girl willing to suck his...

"Louis?" Niall shoves me.

"Huh?" I panic, grabbing my phone before it falls.

"Are you going to the party?"

"If everyone else is, yeah." The bell rings and I grab my bag, making my way to the trash can. It's like a maze trying to get around everybody to throw my trash away.

"Fuck," I immediately put my hand on my shoulder. Harry. Damn, he should apologize to me, his chest was like cement against my shoulder.

"Oops," he mutters, disappearing into the crowd. Leave it to Harry Styles to nearly run me over and then not apologize. Oops? Oops when I shove my foot up his ass.

It takes me three minutes to get to my math class and settle into my seat. I still have two minutes before my class starts. My math teacher is too cool, he lets me text throughout class. It's the perks of being a teacher's pet.

Another message from the unknown number.

Unknown Number: I saw your run-in with Harry. You look flustered. Do you like him?

Me: No. Why won't u tell me ur name?

Unknown Number: I just can't. I'm sorry. 

Me: Then stop texting me. This is stupid as fuck.

Unknown Number: I like you, a lot, Louis.

Me: I don't even know you! This prank is ridiculous. Get a life. 

Unknown Number: I'm sorry you don't believe me.

Me: You haven't given me a reason to. Now stop texting, class has started.

I sent a text a few minutes later. I decided I could annoy him this time. If it's a him. 

Me: You need to pay attention if you want to graduate. 

Unknown Number: Stop distracting me.

Me: Stop checking your phone.

Unknown Number: Stop texting me.

Me: You texted me first.

Unknown Number: You need to pay attention. You still have a year and half of high school left

Me: stop reminding me, weird stranger. 

Unknown Number: I'm not exactly a stranger.

Me: I don't know your name or anything about you other than you're a senior at my school. I think that qualifies as a stranger.

Unknown Number: I'm around you more than you know. Breakfast in the cafeteria, lunch, parking lot before and after school. In this school, it's not hard to know everybody. It is a rather small school, don't you think?

Me: Then just tell me who you are.

Unknown Number: I will. Just trust me that this isn't a prank.

 (n/luke: hiii pretty people! thank you so much for all the comments and votes!! vote if you want me to update sooner! love you all. )