• o1o •

(Edited) - Word Count: 1168

Was That A Confession?!
ʕ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ

I woke up on the couch. I groggily slapped my hand onto the glass side table, still half asleep and felt around for my phone.

I held the phone above my face squinting and clicked the on button. The brightness of the screen nearly blinded me as my phone opened to the lock screen.

I dropped my phone on my face and winced.

Well, I learned that it was three in the morning.
unfortunately though my nose was now bleeding.

I pinched my nose and leaned forward and headed up to the bathroom.
(in case you didn't know it's actually terrible to lean your head back when you have a bloody nose.)

I eventually got my nose to stop bleeding and I washed my face.

If I go back to bed now I likely won't wake up until 1 PM. It's Thursday and I haven't even looked at the papers to be the boys volleyball manager.

Well, might as well do something with my time.

I walked into my room and saw Kuroo and Kou asleep on my bed and Kenma in my gaming chair playing some game.

Kenma glanced at me. I giggled and walked over to my backpack. I pulled out the paperwork and walked out without sparing a word.

I sat on the couch and skimmed over the words.

To summarize it, it basically just said I have almost complete control over the club but not as much control as the coach does, and by signing the papers I would practically be the coach's assistant and event organizer. Or something of the sort.

It sounded like a lot of work, but it would get me out of the house so I wasn't complaining too much. It's not like I had anything more important to do anyways. I signed the papers.

I tapped away and played on my phone for a little while before sighing and looking at the ceiling.

I was bored out of my mind and it was now nearing 6 AM. I could cook everyone breakfast but that's just a lot of extra work that I do not feel like doing.

I decided that I would get some McRonalds for everyone since it was open 24 hours.

I walked to my room and peeked in the door.
"Hey Kenma Im gonna grab some McRonalds. You want anything?"

"Y/N, it's 6 AM."

"Yeah I know, do you want anything?"

"That's really dangerous."

I pulled the pink tazer out of my pocket and zapped it, causing him to jump.
"I'll be fine Kenma. What do you want?"

"Either way, your not going out there alone." He sighed, turning off the game and walking to the door to slip his shoes and jacket on.

I sighed. I'm really not as incapable as he makes me seem but I guess it wouldn't hurt to bring him along.

I slipped my shoes and jacket on as well and we quietly left. We walked in a comfortable silence and I looked out at the sky that was slowly brightening.

Very slowly.

"What do you wanna be when you grow up?" I said randomly. If I wanted to talk to him privately, now was the time. Considering he never leaves Kuroo's side.

He hummed in thought. "I don't really know. What about you?"

I stayed silent as I thought. "Well. I want to be the best version of myself. I want to be healthy and be financially stable with a good mental state. As I long as I have that much, I'll be okay." I said.

He smiled slightly. "That's very admirable, y/n."

His hair swayed in the light breeze and he seemed to glisten under the moon. He stayed looking forward and looked into the distance. He was so pretty.
I blushed lightly.

"Hey y/n?" He asked.

"Yeah?"

"Am I really your crush, you know like Kuroo said?"

I choked at the question. Okay calm down y/n, you can still save this. Just choose your words wisely.

"Hm. I've only known you for a week, but we do have the most in common. I'm not sure honestly. I haven't ever really had a crush before." I spoke truthfully.
"What's it like?" I questioned.

He stopped. I stopped too and looked at him. "Hm?" I hummed in confusion at the sudden halt.

He continued walking as he started to speak.
"Well, a crush is someone who you enjoy being around, and someone you can be yourself when your with them. Usually they make you feel as if you never want to leave. There's really a lot to it, but the biggest thing." He stopped again and grabbed my wrist.

He placed my hand on his chest and my face went red, as well as his. I could feel his rapid heart-beat.

"They make your heart race." He finished.

We stayed there, looking each other in the eyes.
I could've sworn we were in a movie because everything seemed to go in slow motion and the random gust of wind made both our hair flow around. All I could do was stare.

Did he just confess to me?

I cleared my throat and took my hand off his chest realizing we stood there a little too long.

This was a new side of him that I think I'm the first to see. Part of me wanted to stay there but another part of me was a nervous wreak and if I had stayed there any longer I'm pretty sure I would've impulsively kissed him.

My heart was beating at an alarming rate and he had just confirmed that I really like him.

We ordered and returned home to give the other boys their share of food. When I got to school I turned my paperwork in to the athletic director and got my schedule adjusted. I was now officially the manager of Nekoma High's Boys Volleyball Team.

Starting next week I'd have to attend every practice and every event. Kuroo was ecstatic. As expected from a child like him. The entire team was very welcoming and honestly I was pretty excited myself.

I'd never admit that though.

A/N-
Hey yalll 🥰 I have soooo much missing homework but I'm choosing to update this book because i got a sudden burst of inspiration💀 don't worry though I'll do my homework. Tomorrow.

Lmk if my chapters are too short or too long (I highly doubt they are too long though😭)

I'd like to improve my writing in anyway I can.

Tbhhh I realized the I really enjoy reading and writing and I might pursue it as a career.
It's a difficult path though so idk :(
it's hard to get recognition as a writer.

Also do yall listen to the music I put at the top or want me to take them out? I find it satisfying how the music fits the mood of each chapter but what do yall think?

Okay that's all ducesss👹