CHAPTER 2 : THE WAILING GIRL

This chapter contains the mention of suicide and death

This chapter contains the mention of suicide and death. It might be triggering for some readers ⚠️

EUNWOO'S POV

When I reached the venue with my dad, I realized that this event was really a big deal, much more than that I'd expected. The place was big and luxurious, everything there looked so sophisticated and ritzy. Greetings were offered out along the carpeted floor, dainty fairy lights added a surplus amount of colors to the parade of footsteps. I've been to several events and parties with my dad, but this is one of the most luxurious ones out of them.

A sweet melody was drifting through the busy atmosphere, and it seemed to be coming from the far end of the hall where a collection of violinists, harp players, and pianists were placed. I greeted some people with my dad as they talked about business and kinds of stuff.

"I guess you've been busier than ever from the past few years, huh?" A voice said from behind.

I turned around to see a man, probably the same age as my father. Dad chuckled at the man as he approached the man to greet him with a handshake.He looked very familiar, and I was certain that I'd seen him somewhere, but I just couldn't pinpoint exactly where.

"I wasn't expecting to meet you here, and that too after several years, Mr. Kim!" Dad exclaimed.

On hearing his name, my eyes widened, and the realization hit me like a bolt of lightning. He is the CEO of Jeguk Group, which is one of the largest conglomerates in South Korea! Of course, I'd seen him before, his face is everywhere, be it the billboards on roads and buildings, or television, or magazines.

I glanced around me, only to realize that everyone was looking in our direction. He surely is a prominent figure. I could hear the whispers of people as both of them exchanged words with each other.

"I know right! How come we have never met when we were living in the same city," Mr. Kim said.

"Actually, we shifted to Seoul two years ago."

"Oh, I see, so how have you been, Mr. Lee? I think we should now catch up often to make up for all these years!"

"Yeah absolutely, we should!" Dad said and then glanced towards me, "Ah! This is my son, Dongmin."

"Hello, Mr. Kim, it's a pleasure to meet you," I greeted him with a bow.

"You're such a handsome young man! I guess you're the same age as my daughters," he smiled.