CHAPTER 8 : LET'S BE FRIENDS

Y/N'S POV

Here we're again at this café, sitting at our usual spot. Well, I'm not ignoring him anymore. He sipped the drink and looked at me.

“Y/n you won't ignore me anymore, right?”, he asked innocently.

“ Depends on you. Don't be clingy if you don't want to be ignored.” I stated with a straight face.

“ Aye when was I clingy” he pouted.

“ You followed me everywhere for the last two weeks, Eunwoo!” I whisper yelled.

“ That was because I wanted to convince you! Well, talking about that, can't you consider us as friends?” He spoke, looking straight in my eyes and with a somewhat serious face.

“ Well, if I say no, then are you going to give up?” I raised my brows.

“ Who said that!? I'm gonna do the same until you'll accept me as your friend,” he said showing his perfect smile and I couldn't resist myself to return the same gesture.

“ You're really stubborn, huh? Well, I was meaning to ask you, why are you trying so hard to convince me? You know, people will treat you differently if they got to know that you're friends with me. They'll bad mouth you, that good boy image you've maintained till now will be ruined. You still wanna befriend me ?” I asked him.

“ Yes, I still want to be friends with you. I don't care about other's opinions.” , he said confidently, and I just stared at him in awe, why was he risking everything to just be friends with me?

He was confusing me so much, I was so determined to stay away from him, but all of a sudden, I don't want to do that anymore. He was absolutely sincere about everything he said, and a person like him doesn't deserve any kind of crappy treatment. A sudden feeling of guilt engulfed me as I looked back at my behavior towards him. But he was still there, not even a tad bit affected by all that.

“ What are you thinking so hard about?” his voice resonated inside my ears, and I looked up at him.

“ Nothing, " I spoke in a very low yet audible voice as I shook my head.

We finished our drinks and came out of the café. “ Thanks for not ignoring me today. It's pretty late now, you should go home. Bye, will see you tomorrow!” , he said, and I nodded before walking past him.

I turned back to see him still standing there as he watched me walk towards the crosswalk. But I abruptly turned my heels back and started walking in his direction instead of crossing the road.

“ What? Did you forget something, " he asked as I stopped in front him.

“ Yes, this " I said, extending my hand towards him. He looked down at my hand with a bewildered expression and then back at me.

“ Cha Eunwoo, let's be friends, " I said with a wide smile and his mouth hung open.I chuckled seeing his reaction.

“ Is this a dream? You really said yes!” He said excitedly. I shooked my head at his reaction and we both laughed together.

“ Aren't you going to shake hands with me now, you know I can't keep hanging my hand like this forever,” I said pointing at my extended hand. He chuckled as his hand held mine.

“ Okay, so I'm friends with Kim Y/n now, Woahhhh !!” , he said, throwing his hands in the air and jumping like a child.

“ Yaah, I'm gonna take my words back if you'll embarrass me like this, " I rolled my eyes.

“ I got hurt” he said dramatically placing his hand on his chest and I just sighed at his childish behaviour.

“ Aishhhh , whatever. Bye now otherwise I'll be late because of you, " I waved at him before walking away.

“Bye bye my new friend .” he shouted, gaining some attention from the people passing by.

*****

I have never been this much excited to go to school because I never had any true friends, and it felt like a burden to go there, but that's not the case today, I finally got a genuine friend and yes, I was excited to see him today.

I smiled as I stood in front of the school gate. I heard someone call my name from behind, and the familiarity of the voice made my lips curved upwards. I turned back to see him waving at me, and I waved back. It felt so good, it's so nice to have someone by side whom I can wave at like that every day.

“ Let's go y/niee " he said excitedly, and we walked together inside the school. People looked at both of us with perplexed expressions pinned on their faces. Everyone's eyes were on both of us, and I could hear them whispering.

What is he doing with her?

Why are they walking together?

When did they even start talking?

Didn't he used to hate her before?

He looked at me and smiled with assurance. Ignoring all the stares and whispers , I simply kept walking beside him towards our classroom. People were shocked to see Eunwoo with me, and I know the reason very well. I didn't felt good about all the attention. It would have been better if we have walked separately.

“ It's okay, Y/n. They will gossip for two- three days only, everything will be normal after that. Being your friend is completely my choice,” he said as if he just read my mind.

“ But still, they'll talk about you now”

“ It's okay y/n " he assured with a smile again.

__________________♡♡♡___________________

A/N :))

Yayyyy, cheers to their new friendship! This is gonna be more interesting from now onwards !!