CHAPTER 4 : THE FACADE

EUNWOO'S POV

The classroom was full of chatters and giggles, while I was sitting in an utter silence by the window seat. My mobile phone was continuously buzzing, but I didn't even bother to look at it once. Well, I knew the boys must be cracking some jokes in the chatroom, and I wasn't in the mood for that right now.

My mind still lingered on her. She hadn't shown up at school since that day. It's already been four days, and I'm worried that she might not do something stupid again.

I had my eyes closed when I heard the door of the classroom creak open, and then suddenly the atmosphere became strangely silent. Hearing the footsteps that were nearing me, I lifted my head up only to find a pair of eyes staring at me coldly. She stood in front of my desk, crossing her arms over her chest.

I opened my mouth to say something, but she immediately silenced me, “Come out, we need to talk.” Her face was stoic, there was no sign of the y/n I met on the rooftop that night. She was standing there with her usual cold and blank expression which was hard to decipher. I just nodded my head, and she turned her heels, exiting the doors. Ignoring all the stares of the other students, I got up and quietly trailed behind her.

Her face held an unfathomable expression as she stood face to face with me on the terrace of the school. There was a thick silence for a while, but then she finally decided to break it.“That day, what were you doing there?” She questioned.

“I came there with my dad for business purposes,” I answered simply. Her brow arched up, indicating she wasn't really satisfied with my answer.

“If you're having wrong thoughts, then please move them aside y/n. I was already on the rooftop when you came there,” I immediately added. “I was going to leave, but then I heard you crying and…” I trailed off, preventing myself to mention that stupid attempt of hers.

“Well, I don't know…but if you are thinking, you can hurt me or anything just because you saw me like that, then you're wrong. I wasn't in the right mind that night because some serious shit went down,” she spoke, her face devoid of any emotion.

“And just so you know, Cha Eunwoo, I won't let you off if you are planning something to bring me down just because you saw my weak side. I'm Kim Y/n, and you better know what I'm capable of,” she said menacingly. 

I could just stare at her in disbelief, after what happened that day I thought she would believe me but guess what, she was trying to threaten me instead.

“Look y/n, I'm not someone who will try to harm you. I told you the other day, too, and I'm telling you again — you can trust me.” I tried to assure her.

“Trust? What's that?” she scoffed.

“Y/n, why can't you just trust me this once? I know this is not you! You don't need to put this facade in front of me.”

“Cha eunwoo, don't pretend that you know me just because of what you witnessed! You're no one to tell me what to do. So, stop with that petty act of yours!” Her jaw clenched tightly.

“Yes, you're right, I'm in no place to tell you what to do. As if you're gonna listen to me. But Kim Y/n, at least be honest with yourself. Do you think everything will be okay with that facade of yours? Hell no! You are not going anywhere with it, stop pretending to look tough and hurting people for your own reasons. Tell me, do you ever feel at peace with everything you do? You don't-” she cut me off abruptly by yelling.

“Stop it!” She shouted. “You don't know anything, so stop this bullshit! You saved me that night, I'm grateful, okay!! But don't act like you know everything about me!”

“I know that, but I also know that you are hurting yourself with that facade of yours,” I said, looking straight into her eyes. I saw a glint something else in her eyes momentarily, but it was gone before I could even try to figure it out.

"Just mind your own business, pretend you didn't see anything that night, got it?” She said with gritted teeth. When I didn't say anything, she just stomped her foot and left the place.

I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes, standing there alone. “Kim Y/n, what am I supposed to do with you? How much are you going to hurt yourself and others? Just what happened in the past that made you like this?” I breathed out.

I'm feeling pathetic since that encounter with her that night. I'm feeling guilty even when I didn't do anything. I know I hated her, but that was because I didn't know anything. But now I know, she has a dark past, and she's like this because of that. If she had someone by her side, she wouldn't have ended up like this.

I can no longer hate her, I want to help her. I want to see the real her.

I want to rescue her from her demons.

Y/N'S POV

I was skipping school from the past four days. I was still in great shock with my actions. And now there's someone who witnessed it, I was constantly worried what if he tried to take advantage of my situation.

I feel like he won't harm me, he took care of me after I fainted, and he said I could trust him. But I can't let my guard down. I prefer not to assure him that I trust him. I know he helped me, but I just can't let him invade my life.

I feel so pathetic right now, he saved my life and all I did was to yell at him. Why? Because of this facade! I guess he heard me that night, that's why he told me that I am just putting an act to appear tough in front of people. Yes, it's true, but what else am I supposed to do? I'm not that little, fragile girl anymore in front of this cruel world. I don't want to show that side of me to anyone.

I know everyone despises me. He told me that he hated me too before that night, but what else I can expect from people when I hurt them? Yes, I know I'm being selfish, but to survive in this cruel world I've to do this. I've to do this for my mom and my best friend.

But who does he think he is to tell me to put this facade off? He doesn't even know what I've been through! Well, all I need to do is to stay away from him, I don't want him to meddle with my business in any way.

“Mom, don't worry, I won't be weak, and I won't let anyone take advantage of me. I promised you that I'll destroy them who took you away from me. I'll keep my promise,” I whispered to myself as a lone tear escaped my eyes.

___________________♡♡♡_____________________

A/N :)

What do you think about this chapter? Please drop your reviews in comment box and don't forget to vote!❤

(edited: 11.09.2021)