CHAPTER 6 : UNEXPECTED ENCOUNTER

Y/N'S POV

Y/N'S POV

I was having my breakfast peacefully when my phone suddenly went off. On seeing the caller's name that illuminated on my mobile screen, I didn't even bother to answer it, as I was in no mood to entertain that person. I shook my head and continued munching on the sandwich I had prepared for myself earlier. But the caller didn't seem to take the note that I didn't want to talk to them and kept calling until I finally answered.

"What do you want, Mrs. Kim?" I hissed through the phone.

"What's with that bratty attitude, Y/n? And didn't your father told you to call me mother, huh?" She mocked, and I knew she had that disgusting smirk plastered on to her lips, even when I was unable to see her.

"It's just the two of us now, don't pretend like you really are my mother. You can't be her. So, stop pretending as if you care, I know you're with my dad only for money!" I warned her.

"Don't you think you should be a bit more respectful? I'm still your stepmom." I heard her chuckle from the other side.

"And you think you deserve that respect, huh?" I snickered at her. "Anyway, if you don't have any serious business other than to provoke me, then I'm hanging up,"

"Wait!" She said before I could end the call. "Your father told me to inform you that we're having some guests at the dinner and you need to be there, on time."

"So, exactly why do you need me there? Eunbi is going to be there, right? Since when did I started attending those dinners, anyway?" I snorted.

"You should better ask that to your father. He just told me to tell you this, so I did," she spatted back and hung up before I could say another word.

"Just what the fuck?" I cursed under my breath, raking my fingers through my still wet hair.

I didn't want to see those two annoying faces after what happened last time, but I have to go there tonight otherwise dad will be upset with me, yet again. I'm not on really great terms with him, but it doesn't mean I don't love or respect him anymore. I care about him, and that's the sole reason why I'm still tolerating that woman and her annoying daughter.

I moved out of my house to live in this apartment two years ago because it was very hard for me to keep seeing those faces every day. And that's when dad and I drifted even apart, even more. I only get to see him once or twice a month, or when we have some gatherings, or when we have to attend some business events. Honestly, it's way better than living with those annoying humans under the same roof.

*****

I was standing in front of the huge mansion, where I used to live two years ago. I came here reluctantly, but I still managed to look decent. I was wearing a simple yet elegant azure A-line dress, appropriate for dinner.