six.

↶*ೃ✧˚

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

Hana refused to lose. Nope. As much as her rising nervousness was bothering her, she refused to break eye contact with that strange man whose seen eye remained on hers. She always won staring contests against Bakugou; the boy always seems to go red on the face whenever she leaned in closer to his face to blow air into his eyes. However, there was something about this fashionista that irked her.

"Stormterror...is attacking Mondstadt itself!" Amber's voice broke through their intense staring session, making both of them break it at the same time. Hana smirked, proud that no one won this round. The man saw this and found it amusing.

Strange woman, he thought.

"Kaeya, Aether, Hana, you've come at the right time! We must—" Amber's quick talking was interrupted by Kaeya, who crossed his arms.

Hana glanced at him. Kaeya, huh?

"Hold on, Amber. Are you perhaps...forgetting to introduce us?" Kaeya asked, his stare lingering once more to Hana, which Aether noticed. On instinct, Aether stepped closer to the girl protectively, who was busy doing something with her sleeve, ignoring what was happening.

Amber sweatdropped, now realizing her mistake. "Ah, right. This is Kaeya, our Cavalry Captain." she introduced, before turning to Kaeya. "They are travelers from afar; Hana, Aether, and Paimon."

Kaeya narrowed his eyes, carefully observing the three in front of him. Travelers from afar? Is that all we know of them? He thought, before once again, he looked at the clueless girl. And her...something feels awfully powerful though I cannot describe it.

Amber then proceeded to tell Kaeya about what happened during their endeavors, Kaeya nodding along and Aether adding some details that Amber had missed. Hana kept silent, not really knowing what to say. Plus, she didn't feel much comfortable with Kaeya there. She felt watched and studied, and she hated how his deep eyes bore into her soul.

"I see," Kaeya mumbled before he straightened his posture, "Welcome to Mondstadt—though you haven't arrived at the best of times, I'm afraid." he said politely, genuinely feeling sad that visitors from a far place came when their city is suffering from attacks.

Hana stopped fiddling with her clothes, deciding it was also too rude for her to ignore Kaeya when he welcomed them to their city. She noticed how his eyes flashed sadness for a brief moment. "I understand the anguish of being separated from family," he said, sympathizing with both Aether and Hana.

She dropped her hands limply on her sides. The mention of family was nostalgic. She missed her parents, and often worried about her father. She hoped he did not get too upset. Hana tried her best to stop tears from falling, knowing that now was not the right time to embarrass herself in front of strangers.

"First and foremost, on behalf of the Knights of Favonius, I would like to extend our thanks to you for your help just now." Kaeya said to the two. Indeed he was thankful. Though he was also disappointed. His lack of action only proved how his half-brother did not trust nor believe in the Knights. How did mere travelers accomplish more against the dragon that has been terrorizing their city when they have just arrived?