seven.

↶*ೃ✧˚

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

"The weather's pretty good today, don't y'all think?"

"It's stormy, Hana."

"I knew that, I was just trying to get rid of this awkward tension!"

Diluc remained silent as the two bickered. Kaeya claimed there was no awkward tension at all and that it was normal when Diluc was around, which mildly offended him. Did that mean he was the awkward fella? Then there was Hana, who was clueless as to why Diluc and Kaeya disliked each other. Weren't they half-brothers or something?

"Say, Diluc. Do you hate Kaeya because he's a Knight?" Hana asked, making Kaeya shut his trap and glare.

"That's one of the many reasons, yes."

Hana gasped, dramatically placing a hand where her heart is. "Omg, same!"

Kaeya mocked sadness. "I thought you were gonna defend me, darling."

"Gee, isn't he such a terrible flirt?"

Surprisingly, Diluc and Hana went along with their shared dislike towards the Knight. Technically, Hana didn't really dislike Kaeya, he was just annoying her. The only thing making her tolerate the blue-haired captain was the promise of free food—or free alcohol. Not that Hana was already allowed to drink anyway, she just hoped she could charm her way for a free drink from the cryo user.

The three arrived back in Mondstadt, Diluc leaving them the moment they stepped foot inside the city, going who knows where. Kaeya sighed, and he and Hana made their way to Jean's office to give their report.

"They aren't back yet?"

Jean nodded her head. After making their report and Kaeya being a little brat by telling Jean what kinda freaky powers Hana possessed—right in front of Hana—and Jean asking her some questions about how she had them, Hana asked about the others.

Turns out they weren't done with their quest. Kaeya and Hana finished theirs quickly.

"Huh," Hana was bummed. She really wanted to eat dinner with Aether. "Looks like I'll be alone tonight," she whispered to herself. Nothing new, really. She's used to being by herself, only having company whenever she met up coincidentally with her friends from Liyue.

Kaeya's visible eye glistened as he heard her. "Well," he hummed, "what do you say I treat you out tonight? To welcome you here and celebrate our success."

Hana didn't even hesitate. Kaeya's company—though sometimes irritating—is still company. And she didn't feel like being alone tonight.

"Sure!"

Kaeya toured her briefly around Mondstadt, not really knowing she knew the place since she had been here for a year already. Also, perhaps Kaeya forgot the part where he was to buy her a meal first and instead led her straight into the tavern he was boasting so much about.