nine.

↶*ೃ✧˚

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

Chongyun was the calmest. Hana didn't know, really. She was so used to Chongyun's calm attitude (well, unless it's about spicy food and his 'ice' flavored popsicle, then he's calm) that she didn't have a clue whether Chongyun suspected her about her secrets or just didn't really care about her telling them at all.

On the other hand, Xingqiu was gaping like a goldfish. His amber eyes wide and jaws dropped, book dropped on the floor. Now, not that she knew Xingqiu a lot, but she knew him well enough to know the boy loved his books and would square up to anyone who would damage them.

Hana deadpanned. "You seem very calm about this, ice ice baby."

Chongyun shrugged. "It's...cool, I guess. I don't—" suddenly, his icy blue eyes widened and sharpened as he now glared at the girl. "Wait! Don't tell me you were the one who melted my popsicle!"

Xingqiu now laughed (very gracefully, if that was possible. Ugh, rich people...) and slammed a hand on his friend's back. "You realized that just now?"

And their day went by filled with laughter and teasing, a little banter and roasting here and there. After that, the trio decided to waste time somewhere with food involved.

Meters away from the group stood two taller males in their own conversation, paying no mind to the loud noises of happiness a few tables away from them.

A man in a dominantly brown outfit took the cup of tea and brought it closer to his mouth, inhaling the sweet scent of oolong tea. It wasn't like the drink he used to have with old friends, no, but sitting here with someone who he can consider as one may have brought him back some memories.

"Xiansheng~ you seem to be in deep thought," the ginger in front of him commented, as if it wasn't obvious at all. 'Xiansheng' opened his golden-brown eyes.

"I am," he replied. "I am simply reminiscing memories long gone." It was said in such a dry tone, but the ginger knew the sadness hidden within.

"Might you envy the boisterous laughter of those behind us?" The ginger, too, chuckled humorlessly. He did envy them. Laughing like carefree children. Jokes and playful insults thrown at each other, Childe wondered whether he would have a time like that again.

Surely not anytime soon, for as long as he served the Tsaritsa, he will never be free.

The brown-clad male tilted his head to take a look at the group his friend mentioned.

Xingqiu caught the lingering stare of the brown-eyed male and gasped.

"It's Mister Zhongli!"

Chongyun and Hana stopped bickering and looked over to the table where Xingqiu was pointing at. Indeed, this Zhongli was staring blatantly. Hana also caught sight of Childe, and she tried to pretend to not recognize him as his eyes landed on hers.