eight.

↶*ೃ✧˚

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

The night was silent, the wind went still. Sounds of harsh breathing were heard underneath the windrise tree. Hana couldn't reply anything back until Venti engulfed her in a hug. It felt almost...possessive. But Hana assumed it was because Venti had missed her, or something had affected his emotions for him to act that way. His grasp on her was tight, allowing her no room to pull away, not that she wanted to, anyway.

She heard sniffing on her shoulders. Venti was crying. Tears streamed down his face, his usually bright eyes brimmed with tears as he sobbed.

"Why—How are you still here?" Venti was out of breath. Sure, he missed the girl deeply, but she deserved to be back home. He knows the feeling of not being back where he wanted to be.

Hana chuckled dryly, without humour. "Well, there have been complications and I could never go back home now."

Venti pulled away from her, eyes landing on the hairpin he had given to her. Gently, he placed a kiss on top of her head, just right beside the hairpin. "I wish for you to find a way back home, Hana."

The two spent silent moments under the windrise tree, shoulders bumping and smiles exchanged. Venti looked up sadly when he felt weight land on his shoulder. Hana fell asleep, light snores escaping her lips as she slumbered, tired from today's activities. A small smile managed to twitch on his lips before he carried the girl in his arms. He did not want to leave her so soon, so he decided to walk towards Dawn Winery.

As soon as he found out Hana was still in Teyvat, he kept an eye on her and who she talked to, making sure she was not in danger whatsoever.

Wind blew gently, and Hana snuggled closer to Venti's chest and hugged his cape closer.
The walk to Dawn Winery went faster than expected. Venti knocked on the door, waiting for a certain red-head to open the door.

Diluc heard the knock just as he was about to go out in search of the girl. He couldn't help but worry, being gone for hours just for a walk. What if the Fatui heard of her whereabouts and came to ambush?

Just as he opened the door, he started to spurt out words. "What took you so long? Do you know what time it i—" Diluc stopped his scolding as his eyes landed on the green bard suspiciously. Hana was unconscious in his arms, and Diluc prepared to fight in case Venti is a threat to her.

"Why are you here?" he asked, glaring irritatedly at Venti.

"Greetings, Diluc! Who knew you were acquainted with Hana as well~" Venti said with a giggle, watching as Diluc gently took the girl from his embrace. Hana let out light snores which he would find adorable if he wasn't so stoic.

"My idiot of a brother suggested that she stay here. Now, mind telling me why you brought her here asleep?" Diluc asked, adjusting her weight on his arms and throwing Venti's cape back to him.