The house guest

Zach's POV

Knowing that I'm going to be a father, I felt nervous and excited. I'm not sure if I can be a good father but I can't wait to become one. Sinamahan ko si Ellie for her regular check up and ultrasound. Seeing the tiny little human growing in her belly makes me truly happy but she wished to conceal her pregnancy for now until she's done with her projects. I understand her passion in film making and I also don't want to spoil our happiness with public attention. After her doctor's appointment, hinatid ko sya sa studio for her work at ako naman ay dumiretso na sa office ko.

"Good morning Sir? Did something really good happened?" tanong ni Amber and I just nod.

"I guess you already  know, Congratulations sir" she said and seems free from worries and my hunch is telling me that she already knew about Ellie's pregnancy for a long time.

"Since when did you know?" tanong ko naman as I started preparing my things on the table.

"Sorry Sir if I didn't tell you but Ms. Ellie wishes to tell you herself matapos ko siyang sinamahan sa ospital" she explained.

"It doesn't matter anyway, I'm just so happy today" 

A minute later, a knock on the door interrupted us kaya binuksan naman ni Amber ang pinto and saw Belle carrying her luggage as as she came in. 

Napatayo ako sa sobrang pagtataka "What is going on? are you leaving?"

"Yeah and I'm just here to bid a farewell and I just wish Ellie's here, I know it's really sudden but It's already decided." Belle explained hopelessly.

"What really happened? We're not done with the research yet"

With hesitation, Belle tried to explain their situation, "Ahmm.. They suddenly cut our budget and we can't afford to stay here for a long time so we need to go back for now and settle our financial issues" 

"If that's the case, I  have a spare house, you can stay there with your team" pag-aalok ko naman. 

"I really appreciate you Zach but we cannot afford to stay in your house I still have James with me and the rest of the team are gone since last night, kami nalang ni James ang naiwan dito sa Pilipinas" 

"We can ask Ellie to made an arrangements since this is her hotel" I suggested.

"No! hindi na kailangan" tanggi nya kaagad.

Its really a waste kung uuwi sila agad ngayon. "Belle, it's not just your research, it's also mine, so I hope you'll reconsider?"

"We have a spare room in our staffs apartment, James could stay there" Amber reminded me. 

"Off course, and Belle can stay at home, I'm sure Ellie would love it"

"Zach, hindi mo naman kailangan gawin to eh, we can surely find funds in States" pag-tangi nya but I really insist. 

Ellie's POV 

After revealing my pregnancy to Zach I asked him not to tell anyone. I'm happy that everyone wishes us good luck and blessings, although I had to give up some of my projects. 

3 days after telling Zach about my pregnancy, he makes sure that he can join me every dinner although sometimes he's getting annoying for his possessiveness but I like that best about him. 

I was preparing dinner with Erik's help when Zach suddenly came home earlier than expected.

"What's up for dinner?" bungad niya and he immediately hug me from behind.

"Cordon bleu and beef kare-kare, may gusto kapa bang kainin?" I said at sinubuan sya ng isang slice ng cordon bleu.

"Hmm...tastes really good!" he said at binigyan ko naman sya ng tissue to wipe his mouth but he suddenly kiss my cheeks.