Farewell

Zach's POV

I left at work earlier to visit Ellie at her Condo every night but she just shut me out although I was already expecting it, yet it's still painful and I also miss her so much.

I texted how much I miss her every day, that I'm sorry for causing her to suffer like this, that I'm also in pain but I still got nothing. I understand how she feels and I understand that she hates me. And now, I still waited even if I'm not sure when she'll open the door for me.

I was sitting outside her door until one of the security asked me to leave kaya wala na akong magawa kundi umalis nalang muna.

Pagkauwi ko ng bahay, I realized how empty and lifeless it is again. All that's left are memories on the wall. I hope Ellie will forgive me soon. Hindi ko alam kung kakayanin ko pa to, I'm almost at my limit now.

Napadaan ako sa nursery room that I prepared for Ali bago pumasok sa kwarto.

The empty room made me think, what's the use of this now? the emptiness is so depressing and it tortures me.

While dazing in a lifeless room, I notice a notebook beside the crib. It was Ellie's Baby Diary. napaupo ako at binasa ang laman nito.

*Dear Ali,

I'm sorry for what I thought when the news of having you suddenly came. I don't hate you, my dear, I was just nervous and I'm not sure if I can become a good mother but now I know that I will always have your father with me. Although he hates me now, I hope he'll forgive me soon. I love you, baby.

*Dear Ali,

I can finally see that my tummy's growing, I can't wait to hold you in my arms and hear your crying voice. I'm so excited to see you real soon, please be patient. I love you, baby.

*Dear Ali,

Your nursery room is ready, Daddy made it for you. He's so excited to meet you too. All your stuff is ready at ikaw nalang ang kulang. We're also learning how to take care of you so that when you finally see the world, Mommy and Daddy will be able to protect you. See you soon baby, I love you.

*Dear Ali,

I saw some kids going to school today. I imagined you wearing your uniform too, I can't wait to send you to school and make your homemade snacks. I can't wait for our first family trip also, where do you think should we go? If you ask me, I want to bring you to the place where all it started, Thailand. I married a stranger there and it was your father, I'm sure you'll think that I'm crazy but I want you to know that you're the fruit of our love. I love you, baby.

While reading each page, I felt like my heart is about to explode. I immediately grab my phone called Ellie but she turned me down so I sent a voice message to her instead.

"Ellie, alam kong hindi madali ang lahat, let's overcome this together please? I hope you won't leave me and I hope we can start over again. I'll wait for you kahit gaano pa katagal yan, I'll wait until you'll open your heart for me again, I'll wait until you're ready, just please don't give up on us. Please" paki-usap ko and I just cried all night, hoping that all of this was just a nightmare.