Marriage of Conveniece

Ellie's POV

My father called me and I'm wondering what it is. Since I'm not doing anything today, I decided to come to his office. He's actually running a mall owned by our family so I guess it's not a bad Idea to drop by at the mall. He booked a lunch meeting with me in a Japanese restaurant and I called Jeni to meet with me for a bit.

"How's the hotel going?" I said while on our way to the Japanese restaurant.

She said "So far, it's doing good, guest keeps flooding at the hotel but most of them are paparazzi waiting for scoops about the harassment issue, what do you think we should do?"

"Don't let them stay for free, we're running a hotel not a foster house" I said while dealing with the document she handed me.

"Yeah, actually they only keep ordering coffee until it runs out for the day" she said and I think that's a good thing.

"A cup of coffee will still increase our sales, let them order more" I suggested and she just gave me an are-you-really-serious look.

"Dealing with paparazzi is no good but at least I can benefit from them a bit, let's refrain from public attention for now, let the authority do their jobs and so do yours" I explained then a minute later I realize that we we're in front of that Japanese restaurant and saw him waiting inside and it really gives me jitters, but I still have to face him anyway.

"I'm going to meet my dad now" I said then Jeni left to do what I asked her.

I came in and sat down. It looks like he already ordered our meal so I just waited for him to speak up.

"How are you? I already ordered for you" he said and it suddenly triggered me.

"Woah Dad, lets admit it, we're not on good terms to do this" I said trying to set things back on track. "So why did you call me? Does Mamita know about this? I'm sure you both hate me right now, especially for blowing off that wedding thing that you planned out for me!" I outrageously said and he started to fold his arms starting to get piss.

"Yeah! we sure did, don't you realize that your grandmother set it up for your own good? Raymond was the best option for you and for the company, but now it's over!" still talking about the company. I always knew that they never treated me like family, that fact struck me very bad.

I faked a laugh "It's still about the company? seriously? It's my life we we're talking here and about Raymond, he will never be an option, he's a total nasty jerk and crazy!" I said looking at him with so much disappointments "for all these years, did you ever treat me like you daughter? or I'm still a tool for your own progress?"

"Ellie, what are you talking about? you know that's not it" he said trying to convince me.

"Mom is my only family, and she's gone because of you"

"This is not about your mom Ellie! we we're talking about your life! and just like what you said, she's gone! long gone!" he said raising his voice.

"Mom is my life and you ruined it! so stop ruining mine!" I said desperately.

My Mom married my father because of a business partnership. Mom thought that one day he'll eventually love her but he never did. So mom tried her best to find her happiness from another man. I know she's wrong but I understand her and I will never blame her for doing that. He found out about it and he resented her so much that he even dare to hit her when he's stressed out and sometimes he just hit her for no reason until my mom became ill. I really felt sorry for my mom for meeting a kind of man like him.

"She cheated on me, you know that" he said in anger.

"She'll never do that only if you loved her, but you proved to her that you love the company more than her, you proved to her that you married the company and not her" I pity my mom for living a life of hell with him.