Belle & the research project

ZACH's POV

I'm still worried about Ellie, I think she's hiding something from me but I can't figure it out. I'm also worried about her visit to her grandmother.

Ilang sandali, Amber came in dala ang minutes na inorganize nya, at ang subway sandwich na pina-order ko. I can't bring myself to eat our breakfast earlier.

"Sir.. what's wrong with you? namumutla ka ata?" tanong ni Amber

"I'm not sure either" tipid kong sagot at bigla kong naisipang itanong ang tungkol kay Ellie.

"Amber.. you came with Ellie for a check up right? what's wrong with her?" tanong ko and she gave me a wondering look at ilang sandali, she suddenly smile.

What the hell was that?

"I'm sure she's doing fine, there's nothing to worry about... I promise" she said but I am dying to know now.

"Oo nga pala, someone is looking for you, she didn't book an appointment but she insisted that you know her, she's Belle Montero" dagdag nya.

"Really? how come she's here?" tanong ko naman but I better come out now.

Belle is one of my classmate when I was in U.S. Paglabas ko ng office I didn't expect to see her immediately and she suddenly hug me out of excitement.

"It's been a long time Zach" she said excitingly and I just saw Amber glaring at me kaya napakalas ako sa yakap nya.

"What made you come here?" tanong ko sakanya and I invited her inside my office and asked Amber to serve us some coffee.

"I actually have business with you but it can wait... so kumusta ka na? you never call" she said sitting in the couch.

"You know that it's not my thing... so what business are you talking about?" tanong ko naman.

"Hindi mo lang man ba ako kukumustahin?" tanong nya.

"I'm sure you're doing well" tipid kong sagot sakanya and she slightly laugh.

"Okay.. didirestsohin na kita.. I actually need your help for a statistical research and only you can help me considering your experience in the field " paliwanag nya and she gave me the document about it.

I read the content and it's really interesting but it needs a lot of time to focus to make it done.

"I still have to think about it " sagot ko sakanya.

"Off course, since you have to sacrifice a bit of your time to do this research" sagot nya naman.

"But I can lend you a room for the research though" dagdag ko naman

Ilang sandali, Amber came in with our coffees.

"Amber can you check my schedule if I could spare some time for this research?" sabi ko at binigay ko sakanya ang document about the research.

"Ahhh.. Sir? How about asking your wife first since you have to spent more time with her " sagot ni Amber after she took a quick look on the research.

"You're married?" takang-taka namang tanong ni Belle and it reminds me that I haven't mention about it to her yet.

"Kelan lang?" tanong nya naman.

"It's almost a year now" sagot ko at napatahimik nalang sya bigla.

"I probably have to ask my wife first... she's not feeling well these past few days" paliwanag ko.

"Ahm... Okay, I understand" she said and smiled.