9

I couldn't stop thinking about what happened this morning for the whole day. All classes were boring as hell, as always, and when I came back home, of course my mom and Jungkook's parents had already been informed about what happened.

I am currently laying in my bed, getting psychologically ready for what's to come. My mom is very cautious about what I can and can't do now that we are here in Florida, so I can only imagine how mad she must be. She can't talk right now because she's at work but, when she gets home...

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.

-- Yes?

-- Hey, it's me. Can we talk? -- he said, behind the door. I didn't say anything, but Jungkook came in anyway.

-- Hey! You can't just come in, what if I was changing or something! -- I yelled.

-- I knocked. -- he said with a closed expression.

-- Whatever, what is it?

-- I just wanted to say... I'm sorry. -- what? Jungkook Summers' is apologizing?

-- You're sorry? Sorry for what exactly? -- I said, seating on my bed.

-- You got into trouble because of my friend, so I wanted to apologize for that.

-- Is the world ending and nobody told me?

-- You know what, wanna make this a joke? Make it a joke, I was just apologizing, if you can't even take that seriously, I might as well leave. -- and he did. He left. Right out the door. I just sat there looking at it, as if I was expecting to suddenly see through it.

I lied back down and took my book "Crown of Midnight", the second book from the Throne of Glass series, from my nightstand and waited for my eminent end.

After 2 hours of reading I fell asleep. And had beautiful dreams about my book sweetheart, Chaol.

   -- Lalisa Manoban. Up. NOW. -- my mom came storming inside with a stern face. Here we go.

   -- Yeah, hello to you too, mom.

   -- Will you explain to me what in the world happened at school today!?

   -- Yes-

    -- 'Cause I was having my very not healthy lunch today and was interrupted by a very interesting call from your school. A very interesting one indeed.

   -- Mom I said I can explain-

   -- A fight!? A fight, Lalisa! Don't you understand that our place in this country depends on how we behave, according to the law!?

   -- Mom, I know.

   -- It doesn't seem like you do, Lalisa. You're grounded.

   -- What!? Can you just let me-!?

   -- No Lalisa, no excuses. You can't go out with your friends for a week. You only leave the house to go to school, nothing else. Got it?

   -- Mom, just let me talk!?

   -- No, Lalisa, this conversation is over. -- she said as she walked out and closed the door. What in the world just happened? I'm grounded? I've never been grounded before.

   -- Lisa? -- Rose said as she slowly entered the room.

   -- Hey... guess what, I am grounded for stopping a fight.

   -- Yeah.. I heard. I'm so sorry Lis.

   -- It's fine, I'll get some time to caught up with my reading, I guess.

   -- I'm so sorry, girl. -- she sat on the bed and hugged me. We talked for the rest of the evening until her mother started calling us for dinner.