10

We walked down the stairs to the dining room where my mom, Rose's mom and the Summers' were waiting for us. I was surprised to see Jungkook sitting there too. I expected that after what happened this morning he wouldn't leave his room again tonight, but here he is, with his messy dark hair very focused on his food, as if he is avoiding to look at any of us.

  -- Hello, girls, please sit. -- Miss Summers said when she saw us come down the stairs. We sat down and after 10 minutes of silence Karen decided to start the conversation.

-- Well, Jungkook, Lisa and Rose, I got news today that you three were supposedly involved in a fight that happened this morning at school, is this true?

Silence. None of us said anything. I guess Karen took that as a yes and continued with her lecture.

-- I would like to know the details of what happened, would you like to explain?

More silence. Until, the totally unexpected happened.

-- It was Jimin's fight, mother, they didn't have anything to do with it, I tried to break it up but then things got out of control and I ended up getting mixed in it, they just calmed things down, it wasn't their fault. Besides, you know what Jimin is going through right now. That's all that happened. -- Jungkook said, finally taking his eyes off his food and sounding very honest. I wonder what he means by "you know what Jimin is going through"...

  -- Rose, Lisa? -- Karen asked us, and we just nodded.

  -- It's true, mom, I was there too. -- Dylan stepped in. I just kept nodding, still surprised that Jungkook had stood up for us.

  -- Well then, I guess it wasn't that bad after all. And I guess you're all coming then.

  -- Coming? Coming where? -- I asked.

  -- Oh, Jane hasn't told you yet? We're going to our lake house this weekend, and you're all coming too.

  -- What!? We haven't gone there with you and dad since we were 13 years old, why now? -- Dylan questioned.

  -- Well, you're father and I closed a very great deal back in Japan, so we want to celebrate, and we want to do it with all of you. -- she said, smiling. Lake house, huh? Why am I not surprised.

  -- I want you and your mom to come too, Rose.

  -- Oh, of course, thank you so much Karen.

  -- And Jungkook, you can bring your friend Jimin if you'd like.

  -- I-... Fine, sure, I'll talk to him. -- he answered before getting up and walking upstairs.

  -- I'm looking forward to it! You two can take your food upstairs if you'd like, I would say you've had a very intense day. -- Karen said.

  -- Yeah, I think we will. Thank you for the dinner. -- I said, while getting up. -- The food was delicious, Maria... mom. -- I told them before holding Rose's hand and going upstairs.

-- Are you staying tonight? -- I asked, watching her close the door.

-- No, not today, unless you want me to.

-- No, it's fine, you haven't spent that much time with your mom, and I mean, we are going to spend the whole weekend together at the Lake House so... it's fine.

-- Do you think your mom will let you go? To the Lake House, I mean.

-- I think she'll do anything for Karen so, yes. I just don't understand why she was in such a bad mood when she came to talk to me. She's never grounded me before, you know? She's been acting kind of wierd since we moved here, it's getting frustrating.

-- I get it. But try to think positive, tomorrow is another day, and you and I are going out.

-- What?

-- Yeah, we are going out, just you, me and the girls.

-- Rosie, I'm grounded. You do understand that, right?

-- Yes, but I've spent enough tine in this house to know that there are multiple ways to sneak out.

-- What!? Rosie I can't sneak out, my mom will literally murder me if she finds out.

-- Then she won't find out.

-- You can't make sure of that. -- I said. A little grin started to grow on her flips. Oh, dear god, this girl's crazy.