A Rose for your Thoughts

*Y/n's POV*

It was around midnight when Y/n was getting ready for bed. Lucent was in the shower. She was about to lay down when she hears her dad call her name downstairs. Y/n heads downstairs and sees her dad, James, waiting by the front door. "Something up?" Y/n asks.

"You have a visitor. She's waiting in the kitchen," said James.

"A visitor? Who would be stopping by at this hour?"

"The principles wife. You opened up a can of worms big time, young lady. What the hell did you do to cause Mrs. Stone to visit at this hour of night?!"

Emma steps out of the kitchen. "I'm here visiting of my own free will. What happened today was not Y/n's fault," said Emma. "It was still bound to happen later on down the road. It's that Lucent decided to fan the flames and get things going sooner."

"Has this anything to do with Beezlemon's attack at the school?" James asks.

"Yes and no. Let's just say Y/n and Lucent are now a part of a bigger picture and that it will be their duties to save the Earth."

"I'm heading back to bed. If anything else happens, tell me in the morning," said James before he heads back upstairs.

"So what brings you here, Mrs. Stone?" Y/n asks

"Please call me Emma. I'm past the point where formalities will no longer be needed. I've left my husband for the mistake he made. It was bound to happen. I just wish he would have had enough of foresight to see the errors of his actions. But the reason why I am here is I want to help you and Lucent," said Emma with a smile. It was calm smile, non-threatening.

Y/n heads into the kitchen. "Do you want anything to eat or drink?"

"I'm fine for now." Emma sits down at the table. "So tell me. How do both you and Lucent intend to deal with the soon-to-be invasion caused by the few Seven Lords who wish to take over the Earth."

"I'm not really sure," said Y/n shrugging her shoulders.

"So you have no idea on how you'll be dealing with this mess?"

Y/n shakes her head no. "I wasn't even expecting to win that fight with Beezlemon either. I was afraid to lose Lucent again so I rushed to his aid. We BioMerged and won the fight against Beezlemon."

"Normally you need a Digivice, a Crest, or both to do a BioMerge. But you are the first case I've heard of one happening out of love. You do love Lucent, don't you?"

"Yes. We both decided to date to get to know each other better thannto just rush into things."

"Wise idea. But you two are not the first case of a human and a Digimon falling in love. Mr. Stone and I ended up falling...well I should say he fell for me back in the 1960's. The year was 1969 and it was during Woodstock he found me."

Y/n gives Emma a shocked look. "You were at Woodstock?! You could...."

"US Digimon have been on Earth many times before, long before the Tears became a thing. We let the humans tell history in their own words than from our own, despite the inaccuracies. If we told history from our eyes, there will be a lot of backlash and chaos. So no, I will not let my first hand experience of history be known by humans. Let them think what they have the right to tell." Emma had a warning tone to her voice. The kind that warned of the dangers of poking a stick into a hornets nest.

"Okay then. Note to self: do not ask a Digimon for a history lesson. But why such a big deal?"

"Because humans freak out over things that are different and either try to cast it aside, hide it in the shadows, or kill it," said Lucent as he walks into the kitchen. He opted to be in his human disguise at this point. His hair was still dripping wet from his shower.

"Excatly my point," said Emma. She turns her focus to Lucent. "Hello again, Lucemon. I see you finally left your castle in the Dark Sector."

"Thought I'd come here for a change of pace, among other things, years ago. Ended up meeting Y/n back when she was a kid. Lived with her til she was ten, disappeared for a while, and came back the day before her eighteenth birthday. Been staying here at her home since I've been back."

"So you no longer have the desire to take over the Earth?" Emma looks Lucent over. "So you've changed because of love, is that right?"

"Yes, ma'am," said Lucent.

Emma was having a hard time believing Lucent. One of the Seven Lords, who at one point, all wanted to take over the Earth. "Then this will be interesting then. I'd like to see how well your love for Y/n will hold in a true battle. You will have four months time until Daemon and the remaining Lords who want to take over Earth, will arrive. During this time I will be helping you two prepare for this fight and train who ever wants to help."

"So you'll be putting us through, to a sense, a literal boot camp," said Y/n.

"Pretty much," said Emma with a smirk.