Things I Do for Love

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n grips tightly onto SaberLeomon's mane as his claws dig into the ground as he runs. She knew there was a chance she could die but if it meant to turn Lucent back to normal, so be it.

"You are crazy!" SaberLeomon roars as hs got closer to the fight between Leviamon and Lucemon Shadowlord Mode.

"If i don't, Lucent is going to destroy the city. I done care if I die. Lucent is my friend!"

"Hey your partner yet you don't carry a Digivice or a Crest. Why does he matter to you and yet you have nothing to show your partnership."

"Never got either a Crest or Digivice when I first met Lucent back when he was a Rookie level. It doesn't matter now. What matters is thst we need to stop him."

Lucemon Shadowlord Mode doesn't even stagger when Leviamon attacks him. The Gehenna just absorbs the attack. Lucemon Shadowlord Mode was too blinded by rage to see clearly anymore.

*Lucemon FM's POV*
*Flashback*

Lucent was was trapped in Leviamon's jaws, struggling to break free. Trying to fight in water was outside his element. But his drive was to protect Y/n.

Leviamon bites down on Lucent again, causing him to cry out. "You're weak, Lucemon. Protecting a human you care about when you used to want to change the Earth in your own image. As soon as I destroy you I'll eat your human whole and then destroy this city and then the world!"

Lucent had to get himself free or risk losing everything. I hate to do this but it needs to be done. I'm so sorry, Y/n.... A bright glowing light gathers around Lucent, which turned dark. The energy envelopes the snout and part of his jaws.

Leviamon refuses to let go of his prey. At this point it would turn to a fight to the death. Leviamon quickly swims to the surface of the lake, wanting to destroy Lucent in front of Y/n's eyes. He had to end Lucent's life as quick as possible.

*end of flashback*
*Y/n's POV*

"SaberLeomon I'm going to need you to try to jump up to Lucent," said Y/n.

"How do you expect me to do that?!" SaberLeomon asks.

"Use Leviamon as a launch pad to jump up to Lucent. Run up Leviamon's back, using him as a ramp and use his snout as a launch point. You said that Gehenna thing or whatever that Lucent has, makes it so attacks don't hit, right?"

"Yes I did say that."

"Instead of attacking, you'll be bypassing it by jumping over it."

"I still think its crazy. " SaberLeomon jumos up onto Leviamon's back and runs up him til he got to his jaws.

Y/n looks up at Lucent, horror and dread filled her heart. Seeing Lucemon Shadowlord Mode in his full glory made her feel scared. She knew she could die and death would be there to claim her soul. "Alright now jump!"

SaberLeomon leaps off Leviamon's snout and up to Lucemon Shadowlord Mode. He managed to jump up to Lucemon Shadowlord Mode's arm and then up to his head. He felt his strength leaving his body. "This is where we part, Y/n. I wish you luck."

"If I don't succeed in an hour, take my body back to my parents," said Y/n.

"Will do," said SaberLeomon before he leaves.

Y/n was almost knocked off her feet with each step. "I don't know if I have more than one shot at this." She had to think of something to get Lucent's attention while he was fighting Leviamon. She pulled out her phone and opens up a music app. She picks a song, turns the volume up all the way, and walks up to the part of thw crown that's on his head. Y/n places the speaker of her phone on the crown. "I hope this is metal or I'll have to go to plan B." She plays the song, cauing the music to send noise and vibrations to Lucent's ears.

Lucemon Shadowlord Mode staggers back at the sudden noise, given Leviamon an opportunity to attack by bitting down his arm, yet the attack only glances off.

"Lucent can you hear me!?" Y/n stomps her foot down on Lucemon Shadowlord Mode's head to get his attention again. "You have to listen to me, Lucent. You are not thinking clearly. Remember what you came back to Earth for! You have to remember!"

Lucemon Shadowlord Mode stomps down on Leviamon's head, pinning him down to the ground. "Tide of Despair!" Lucemon Shadowlord Mode opens his jaws and unleashed a gout of flames bathe Leviamon in fire and heat, destroying him. Lucemon Shadowlord Mode absorbed Leviamon's data once the ash and smoke cleared. "You have my attention now," said Lucemon Shadowlord Mode. His voice sounded like a child's. "Say what you have to say and be gone with you. I'll spare you just this once."

"I realized my mistake on having you go after the Seven Lords and I am sorry, Lucent. I was selfish on having you do this. I should have given you some sort of attack plan before you attacked Leviamon."

"You have one minute..."

"I know a lot has changed between us but...." Y/n nervously scratches the back of her head. "I love you, Lucent. Sad I had to work up the courage under a situation like this in order to say it."

"Say it again...."

"I love you, Lucent. And I mean what I say."

"Get down to the ground so the Gehenna doesn't absorb you."

"How?"

"Slide down my back."

"Don't have to tell me twice!!" After a harrowing slide down Lucemon Shadowlord Mode's back, Y/n finally makes it back on solid ground. A bright light engulfs Lucemon Shadowlord Mode. When the light clears, Lucemon FM was standing where Lucemon Shadowlord Mode had once stood.

"Do you mean it, Y/n?" Lucent asks.

"Yes I do. We'll have to forgo our next date if we want to take down Barbamon next."

"This time let's make a better plan instead of having me jump into the frey."

"Sounds good to me," said Y/n before she runs up to Lucent and hugs him.