A Day Out

*Y/n's POV*

It was the next day after Rosemon's, aka Emma's visit, to Y/n's home. Her and Lucent were trying to plan a date on top of planning out the best way to deal with the remaining Seven Lords who will try to take over the Earth. So far Levimon has been defeated and absorbed by Lucent, back when he was in his Lucemon Shadowlord Mode. Laylamon was being shifty with her motives. So Y/n and Lucent now knew that they would have to deal with her at some point. Barbamon, who they had met earlier that week, turns out to have been living on Earth with his new family for a good many years already. Beezlemon has already been defeated as well. So that left Y/n and Lucent to deal with Daemon, Laylamon, and Belphemon Rage Mode.

That was three of the Seven Lords that needed to be dealt with. As Y/n gets ready for their date, she was starting to have doubts. Lucent was still one of the Seven Lords. She had learned from Laylamon that day she visited, that Lucent's original plan for the Earth was to shape it in his own image. It was that idea of what could have happened that made Y/n a bit scared of Lucent. It made Y/n worry. What if, at some point in her life, Lucent would have to be dealt with as well? That's a thought that Y/n would be dealing with.

Lucent walks into the room and noticed that Y/n was still holding the shirt in her hands of which she would wear for the day. "Y/n? Is everything okay?" Lucent asks.

Y/n looks up at the mirror which she was standing in front of. She sees Lucent was staring at her. "Yes everything is okay," said Y/n.

"Then what is making you hesitate?" Lucent walks up to Y/n, keeping his eyes on her, not even changing a glance down lower. He takes the shirt from her hands and changes to his human form. Worry shows in his eyes. "What's wrong?"

"We only have three of the Lords to deal with, not counting you. What if...you turn on me later on? What if you decide I'm not good enough for you and destroy the Earth?" Y/n was fighting back tears at this point.

"Y/n, listen to me. Why would I go back to my original plan of remaking the Earth in my image? What I believe to be perfect? During my time I was traveling, after I left you all those years ago, I learned that humanity has their flaws. Those flaws help them adapt and survive. Helps them be themselves and different at the same time. Why would I rewrite the Earth and force humanity to adapt to a strange, yet familiar world?"

"Becausw you used to be evil..."

"Y/n I changed for you. That's why I came back to you on that day and saved you. If I didn't care about you, I'd let Digitamamon kill you but yet I didn't." Lucent hands the shirt back to Y/n. "Now get dressed. We still have to get where we need to go before it gets dark."

"What if our battle with the remaining Lords takes us to the Digital World?"

"Then we will gather up what help we need and go there during the next Tear and take the fight to them," said Lucent before he leaves the room.

Y/n puts her shirt on. It had a floral design with a bit of lace. The flowers on it were purple Hyacinth flowers. After she finished getting dressed, Y/n heads downstairs.

An hour later, Y/n and Lucent were at a dessert shop. Both were sharing a rather large piece of chocolate cake. Y/n had been waiting for a good while to take Lucent to the dessert shop. Technically this is his first time trying chocolate.

Lucent cuts a bite of cat with his fork before eating it, making sure he had a bite of strawberry with it. His eyes widen with surprise as soon as he gets a taste of chocolate on his tongue. "This is really good," said Lucent after he finished the bite of chocolate cake. "A long way from when chocolate was first invented."

"Oh yeah I forgot. You've visited the Earth many times before over the years." Y/n takes a bite of chocolate cake. She soon gets the feeling that she was being watched. She looks up and sees Lucent staring at her. Despite him being in his human form, he still had that slightly intense stare of his. "Hm?"

"Just enjoying your beauty, my dear."

Y/n's face slowly turns red and Lucent laughs a little. She swallows her bite of cake before speaking. "I've never really seen myself as beautiful but I've had other people tell me that I am."

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my dear. My opinion on beauty can be different to someone else. I think you are fine as you are and that is why I think you are beautiful." Lucent sees Y/n's cheeks tinge with blush again. "Now let's finish this cake. You did say you wanted to head to the Botanical Gardens today, right?"

"Or at least try to, weather permitting." Y/n and Lucent finish their cake before leaving the dessert shop. Little did they know they were being watched as they left.