Fighting Temptation

*Y/n/Lucent's POV*

Y/n and Lucent were still fuzed together by the time they got home. It was well after dark since they didn't want to risk getting caught. Instead of going through the front door, they decided to go through Y/n's bedroom window. "Are you sure your parents are asleep?" Lucent's half of the fusion asks. They were still fuzed so both Y/n and Lucent still spoke as one.

"Yeah they should be." They walks up to the full length mirror and see their outfit was torn and covered with dirt. "Is this a part of us or separate. I'm not sure." The outfit they were wearing digitized into pixels and disappears. A pair of boxers takes the ruined outfits place on their form. "Okay then." They turn around and see a tattoo of a pair of wings, one black and one white, was on their shoulders. "Lets just hope that's just a part of this form."

They sit down on the bed. "We need to find a way to separate. We cannot stay like this forever."

"How about we sleep on it. Maybe it will wear off over time?" They lay down, waiting for sleep to overtake them. "This is weird. I can kinda tell that...Lucent do you..."

"We'll talk about this later." They put one of the pillows over their eyes. After a couple of hours, sleep finally takes them.

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n wakes up on the middle of the night. She rolls over in bed and gets the fright of her life. Asleep, beside her, was a half-naked Lucent. He was in his human form but he was in a pair of boxers at least. Y/n didn't know how to react at first. She throws the blanket over Lucent and gets out of bed. Her body ached from the fight with Beezelmon earlier that day. She checks her phone and it was five in the morning, on a Saturday. "Good..." She heads into the bathroom. It was at this point, she noticed she was half-naked as well. "Note to self, next time we fuze, make sure to get dressed before we unfuze." Y/n undresses and gets into the shower.

Lucent wakes up, hearing the shower running. He decided it would be best to tell Y/n how he felt about her before she found out in the worst way possible. He was glad, for once, that Y/n had a bathroom attached to her room. Lucent knocks on the door. "Can I come in?"

"You can. No peaking, okay?"

Lucent opens the bathroom door and steam from the hot water escapes into the bedroom. He steps into the bathroom, seeing the shower glass door was steamed over, so he was only able to see the silhouette of her body. Lucent shuts the door behind him. "I need to tell you something. Its important."

"Is something wrong, Lucent?"

"Ever since I came back to your world. I felt new feelings for you. When we first met, back when I was the Rookie level Digimon, Lucemon, you accepted me as your friend. But since I have returned, those feelings have changed.  I don't like it when I see you talking to another guy and..."

"You are falling in love with me, aren't you?" Y/n wipes the steam off of the glass shower door so she could look at Lucent. "You know what love is, right?"

"Yeah I do. I'm just worried you'll reject my feelings towards you."

"Lucent I'm not too sure with myself here on how I feel towards you, no offense. I just had a bad break-up with the guy whom I thought loved me in return and I still need time to heal." Y/n shuts the shower off. She opens the door car enough so she could grab her towel. Y/n wraps herself up in the towel. "Can you please leave so I can finish drying myself off and get dressed?"

"Fine then," said Lucent before he leaves the bathroom. He goes back into Y/n's room and sits down on her bed and waits for her. After about ten minutes Y/n steps out of the shower.

"How long does it take a human to heal from a broken heart?"

"Depending on the person it could take days, months, or even years."

"Or if your like that girl, Missy, she'll go for any attractive guys," said Lucent. He shudders. "When I went to pick you up from the play, she was eyeing me while hanging off the arm of Eric. Some humans don't change."

Y/n looks Lucent over. In his human form, he was attractive, but it was the fact that is a Digimon that kept remind her that he wasn't human. "Heres the deal. I'll give you a chance, Lucent. Humans usually take their loved ones out on dates to get to know them better or win them over. Even though I am legally an adult, you'll still need my concent before we do anything too serious."

Lucent changes back to his Digimon form. "Alright then. I'll figure out something we can do together. So don't expect anything to happen anytime soon."

"Sounds like a plan," said Y/n.

Later that morning, around eight in the morning with only a couple more hours of sleep, Y/n gets rudely woken up by someone pounding on the front door of her home. She throws the blankets off of herself and onto Lucent, startling him awake, who was sleeping on the floor during the night. Y/n stares at her bedroom door a bit, trying to process what was going on through the sleep-filled grogginess of her mind. Then the pounding starts again. "Put a sock in it! I'm coming!" Y/n yells. She leaves her room and Lucent follows.

Y/n heads downstairs and opens the front door. She was shocked to see Missy and her father, Andy, standing on the front doorstep.

"Hi, Y/n. You are in big trouble," said Missy with a big grin on her face.

Not good, Y/n thinks to himself.