Catching up with an old Friend

*Y/n's POV*

After heading to the hospital and getting X-Rays done to see if she had anything broken, she got lucky. Unfortunately she ended up with an sprained ankle after the whole ordeal with Digitamamon. But she had to stay home for five days from school so her ankle can heal. Right when she got home, Lucent offered to help her up to her room so she could rest. Y/n, being stubborn because she was a bit out of it from the pain medication she had to take on the way home for ankle, refused his help. Halfway up the stairs, Y/n ends up asking for his help. Lucent helps Y/n into her room and to her bed. Y/n leans back onto her pillows, enjoying the comfort they provided.

"Your room has changed so much since the last time I have been here," said Lucent. He tucks his wings close to his back in order to avoid knocking anything over.

"You've been gone for ten years, so yes, a lot will change," said Y/n.

Lucent picks up a dragon plush. "Brandy the Dragon if I recall correctly. Do you still have those dolls you call Princess Kells and Prince Nivans?"

Y/n shakes her head. Just that little motion made her feel dizzy. "I had lost them years ago. The neighborhood bully stole them from me. Ran back to tell my parents and they decided to confront the bullie's parents. When my dad pulled up into their driveway, the kid was out in the front yard playing with the stolen toys, trying to rip their arms off. When he seen my dad get out of the car, the kid ran inside..." Y/n covers herself up with a blanket. The room was beginning to get chilly, even though it wasn't cold outside yet. "The parents answered the door and my dad told them that their son had stolen my toys. They didn't believe him at first and they wanted proof that the toys were mine. My dad said there was a voice recorder chip in them, kinda like the ones they use at Build-A-Bear, in each of the dolls. He told the mom to squeeze the dolls back to hear the recordings he helped me make for the dolls."

"The mom takes the dolls away from her son and squeezes each of their backs in turn. The voice chips played the recording of my voice that I did for Kells and Nivan."

"What did the voice recordings say?" Lucent asks as he sits down at the foot of the bed, getting more comfortable.

" 'Save me, Prince Nivan' is what the Princess Kells doll said and 'I'll save you, Princess Kells' is what the Prince Nivan doll said. Upon hearing the voice recordings of both dolls, the parents of the bully were appalled at what he did. He still try to say that the were his even though it was my voice recorded, not his. He snatched the dolls from his parents and ran up to his room I started to freak out and scream, telling him to get back downstairs and tell the truth but he wouldn't listen. His parents were very upset over his actions and punished him for what he did."

"What happened then?"

"The kids dad grabs a large empty box from the hallway closet and marches up to the kids room. After about fifteen minutes, he comes back downstairs with all of his son's toys and gives the box to my parents. He told them this should make up for their son stealing my toys and trying to claim that they were his. They wanted him to learn a lesson for what he did."

Lucent smirks. "An eye for an eye as the saying goes. Do you still have the toys you got from the bully?"

"Yep. They are stored in the closet right now. Might sell them on EBay to rub it in his face." Y/n was starting to drift off to sleep. The pain meds were making her tired.

*Lucemon's FM POV*

Lucent watches Y/n sleep. He knew it was his fault that he wasn't there when she needed him then most growing up, especially dealing with the bully. But as of right now, he wasn't entirely sure of his feelings towards her. He still considered her as one of his friend. But a lot has changed over the years. He didn't know she would grow up into a beautiful woman. She had pretty e/c and long h/c. But he didnt knew she would grow so tall for her age. 5"9' to be exact. Most people would still consider that height to be short to most people but to Lucent, she was perfect. If they were to stand facing each other, she would reach to his chin. He chuckles. "No use to have unpure thoughts about here. She's not even legal yet." He gets up off of the bed and goes over to the closet and grabs a blanket and a few pillows to make himself a spot to sleep on the floor. "Good things come to those who wait," he tells himself as he lays one of the blankets on the floor. "We still have a lot of catching up to do." He lays down and continues to watch Y/n sleep before drifting off to sleep himself.