Why are You Here?

*Y/n's POV*

A week has passed since Lucent had left and it was the day before Halloween. The day before the play of Nightmare Before Christmas. Y/n has been getting a ride to school during that week from her parents. Partially because she was still allowing her ankle to heal and also she didn't feel like taking the chance of running into anymore Digimon. She was in her first period class that morning, the first bell had rang. The students were all talking about the play tomorrow. Even the couple of the popular kids in the class had a good feeling about the play, hoping that Y/n and Eric would end up hooking up.

"Good morning class," said Ms. Evans as she walks into the classroom.

"Good morning, Ms. Evans," chimed the class rather friendly. Y/n doesn't even bother looking up from what she was doing, by doing so, she doesn't even see a new student walk in along side the teacher.

"We have a new student joining our class today. So please be courteous and give him a warm welcome and treat him in good regards." Ms. Evans looks over at the new student, who was dressed in Abercrombie jeans, white t-shirt, and a leather jacket. "Why don't you introduce yourself."

"Hello everyone. My names Lucent and it's a pleasure to meet you all."

Y/n recognized the voice and immediately looks up. She blushes when she sees who it was. She sees it was Lucent but he's now...human?! How did that happen?

Lucent makes his way to the back to the classroom, where Y/n was sitting. Some of the girls giggle and blush, asking Lucent to sit by them. He pays them no heed in mind. He was only interested in Y/n. He finds an empty desk by her and sits down next to her. "Aren't you going to say hi?" Lucent teases.

"Why are you even here? Why do you look human? Why are you dressed like that?"

"What better way to make sure you stay safe from the Seven Lords then by going to school with you," said Lucent. He looks up at the girls who were trying to give him puppy-dog eyes, still hoping that he would sit next to him. "What's with them?"

"Girls see a cute or good-looking guy and will do what they can to impress them and make him theirs. But unfortunately for them, they don't know you are a Digimon and have no interesting in hooking up with them," said Y/n.

Lucent laughs. "You do have a point about that. I only have my eyes on one human and I'm sitting right next to her. But I will admit emotions can be rather confusing."

"So why did you leave a week ago?"

"I needed to cool down plus I needed to think of a way to be able to blend in to human society in order to protect you. I have no idea when the other Lords will come and attack. Not all of them will be as nice as me."

It didn't seem much longer that first period and even though it doesn't seem like it, the day seems to progress slowly for Y/n. Each class that she had with Lucent, the girls would try to flirt with him. Keeping true to his words, he didn't have any interest in them. Soon enough the final bell rings for the last class for the day and Y/n makes her way to the commons area, where she meets up with Eric.

*Lucemon FM POV*

Lucent watches Y/n as she talks to Eric. He could tell that she was happy. Sadly Lucent could tell that he was jealous over the fact that another guy was talking to Y/n. He still wasn't sure about the emotions he was dealing with. Ever since they first day that he and Y/n had first met, Lucent considered Y/n as a friend. But he felt that changing as well too. It was at that point Lucent knew he had fallen in love with Y/n. Even though love was still a foreign concept with him, he knew over time he would get used to it. He continues to watch Y/n talk to Eric. "Good things come to those who wait," said Lucent to himself. After a few more minutes of waiting, Y/n comes back over to Lucent. "So how long have you two been friends?"

"Since eighth grade. We've been good friends since then," said Y/n.

"Do you think your friendship could become something more?"

Y/n shrugs her shoulders. "Not sure really. I'm going to tell him how I feel tomorrow after the play. Then we'll see how things go from there."

"Only time will tell. Let's go home. We'll walk home if you want. You can set the pace so you don't end up hurting your ankle again."

"Thanks, Lucent." Y/n shoulders her backpack. She heads towards the bike trail that leads into the woods behind the school.

"Is this the bike trail that you almost got killed on?"

Y/n shakes her head. "Kinda. This one branches off into two different trails. The one that almost got me killed doesn't go all the way through the woods. By the way you did say we can walk home. You just didn't say which way we were heading," Y/n teases.

Once further along the bike trail, Lucent's form digitized and he returns back to his normal form. "I'm sure you are wondering how I can do that." He stretches his wings out. "Being a Digimon, we can rewrite our code to change our forms as we Digivolve. I used the same method but I used it to change my aparence so I can blend in. We don't want the school figuring out what I am yet."

"Some of my friends, whom you haven't met yet, already know what you are. The only know your Rookie forms, Lucemon, but not your current form."

They continue along the bike trail through the woods. It was six at night by the time they got home. Unbeknownst to them that there will be another Tear opening up here soon.