Lair of Greed (Part 2)

*Y/n's POV*

When Y/n and Lucent had finished eating, Y/n grabbed a map of the mall to try and figure out where Barbamon would be hiding out. "The problems with Barbamon hiding out at the mall, there is a lot of stores here and peoples spend a lot of money at those stores," said Y/n.

"We could start at Abercrombie and Finch," said Lucent.

"We could. But I am not spending all my money there. Those jeans are nice but I don't really need nine pairs of those jeans. I'm happy to have one pair."

"At least it's good to know you are not one of those girls who'd prefer to break the bank on a shopping spree for clothes."

"You already know I am not one of those girls, Lucent." Y/n clears the table of their food trash, takes it, and puts it in the garbage. "We'll try GameSpot next. After that Far East Treasures. We'll make the last stop Build-A-Bear Workshop."

"I'm not really looking forward to going into that store."

"I know, Lucent. But we have to find Barbamon and prepare for a fight as well." Y/n leaves the food court, followed by Lucent. As she makes her way to Abercrombie and Finch, she notices that the mall was starting to decorate for Halloween. With all the chaos caused by the recent Tears, she had forgotten about the candy-driven holiday. "Well, Lucent, looks like your arrival back to Earth couldn't have been better timed."

"What do you mean?"

"Halloween is around the corner. It was originally a Celtic festival of Samhain, in which people would light bonfires and dress up in costumes to ward of ghosts. Overtime it changed to involve the carving of Jack-o-lanterns, trick-or-treating, festival gatherings, doning costumes, and eating treats. Some people go out of their way some years to create costumes that look like they were made by Hollywood creature effects artists."

"Then we may have a problem. With this Halloween around the corner, it may make it hard to fight the Seven Lords." Lucent stops in front of Abercrombie and Finch. He looks over at Y/n. "Are you sure you want this as our first stop?"

"I'm sure," said Y/n before she heads into Abercrombie and Finch. Y/n spends ten minutes before she finds a pair of jeans that could fit and after she buys them, she leaves Abercrombie and Finch before she ends up burning a hole in her wallet. Both her and Lucent stop at every store in the mall, trying to figure out where Barbamon would be hiding. They even stopped in Victoria Secrets. Y/n left that store as quick as she could before Lucent got mobbed by girls.

It was nearly two hours later, nearly three hundred dollars spent, Y/n and Lucent still haven't found where Barbamon was hiding. They make their way to the last stop on the list: Build-A-Bear Workshop. Y/n steps into the store. A few parents were already looking around for stuff to buy their kids. Y/n looks around and sees an older gentleman was working behind the register. He had a long grey beard and something about him seemed...off. Y/n quietly walks back to Lucent. "I think I found Barbamon."

"What makes you so sure?"

Y/n casually tilts her head towards the older gentleman behind the register.

"I think you may be right. Go make yourself a plush and well talk to him ourselves."

Y/n finds herself a snow leopard plush to make and makes sure she gets the accessories she needed. The hat, shirt, and the skirt. She passed on giving the plush shoes. But she didn't pass up on a voice chip that, that when the paw is pressed, it would make a cat meow sound. Soon enough Y/n makes her way to the register with her newly made plush in one arm and the outfit it would wear in her other arm.

Lucent waits by Y/n's side. When it was their turn to pay, the older gentleman's eyes widen in surprise at the sight of Lucent.

"Been wondering how long it would take for you to find me, Lucemon," said the older gentleman.

"So you decided to hole yourself up here, Barbamon?" Lucent asks.

"I go by Dennis while I am working here and yes I have. Been working for this mall ever since it first opened about fifteen years ago and for Build-A-Bear for the past twenty years," said Barbamon.

"We heard from Laylamon that the Seven Lords are going to try to take over Earth again," said Y/n. She watches Barbamon, aka Dennis, ring in her purchase. "Why are you here?"

"Greed. A lot of people come here every day and buy things for their kids. I see them come back a week later and buy more. I'm quiet happy being here at this mall. Especially during the holiday seasons."

"So you have no intention of wanting to attack humans?" Lucent asks.

Barbamon laughs. "The only thing I've been attacking over these years is people's wallets." Barbamon finishes ringing in Y/n's purchase. "That will be $58.90, ma'am."

Y/n pulls out her wallet and quickly counts the money she needed to pay. "So why are you here? What I mean is why are you choosing to make Earth the your home?"

"The same reason why he..." Barbamon points at Lucent, "is with you. My original intention was to destroy the Earth when I came here thirty years ago." He laughs again when he sees the faces Y/n and Lucent give him. "Don't believe a word that Laylamon says. We are not always here with ill intent." Barbamon puts Y/n purchase in one of those cardboard houses they give you to put your bear in. "Now tell me Lucemon. What brings you here?"

"I'm here for Y/n but also to stop Daemon."

"Meet me outside the mall in half an hour. I have something to show you two and to tell you what you should change your fight for."

Y/n and Lucent leave Build-A-Bear Workshop, purchase in hand. "Well that was a bust."

"I don't think it was. He didn't seem like he is here for other purposes." Lucent makes his way towards the main entrance of the mall, avoiding girls that try to flirt with him. It wasn't too much longer of a wait before Barbamon comes outside after he had finished his shift. He appeared to be in his late forties, early fifties. He was wearing a grey shirt and black pants.

"Here's what I wanted to show you," said Barbamon. He pulls out his wallet and pulls a picture. In the picture was him with a slightly younger woman and a kid. "This is my reason to give up my past. You may think it's stupid that I am no longer wishing to be the living embodiment of Greed, I still am to a sense. Laylamon in to be trusted. She is still working for Daemon and I'm surprised you are not, you said your name is now Lucent, isn't it?"

"Lucent recent defeated Leviamon and we both defeated Beelezmon not that long ago by fusing together," said Y/n.

"I think it would be best if we finished our conversation later. Head home, the both of you. Will talk later."

Y/n and Lucent watched Barbamon head over to his car. "At least we didn't have to fight him," said Y/n.

"Not entirely sure if I like that," said Lucent.